Great weekend!

The place for fishermen (and women) to gather and BS
Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Great weekend!

Post by Limbshot » June 1st, 2010, 10:08 am

Well to say we had a blast this weekend would be an understatement! Sunday morning Pops and I went to a local C.A. lake and flat tore up the bass. The topwater bite was wicked until the sun got up, then the superfluke bite took over. We ended up catching 30-40 bass with our biggest going right at 2 pounds. Nothing huge, but a great day!

The Gasconade was still a little high and pretty stained so we didn't get on it. So yesterday we went to another stream that we hadn't been to in about 15 years to see what it was like. Well it was feaking fantastic! We started fishing at about 6:00 a.m. and fished until 11:30. We estimate we caught between 70 and 80 fish total, including mostly smallmouths, 2 largemouths, a few nice goggle eye, a few green sunfish, and 2 creek chubs (yes, I caught 2 creek chubs :yes: ). It was an unreal trip to say the least. We didn't catch any giants, but we did land one about 17 inches and quite a few in the 13-15 inch range. We caught fish on everything we threw, but I was having the most fun with a buzzbait! It was a great trip for sure, and I'd say it will be a lot less then 15 years before we go back!

Anybody else do any lip ripping this weekend?
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Great weekend!

Post by hobiecat » June 1st, 2010, 11:16 am

We went to Neosho this weekend. Spent the days down on the creek swimming and fishing. Caught a few smallies and some goggle-eye. The smallies were pretty much all dinks. Saw some BIG large mouth on nests up on the banks. They weren't very interested in biting... and I wasn't very interested in messing with'em on the nest.

When we weren't on the creek we went out to eat a bunch, spent time with family and friends, went and watched a UFC fight on pay-per-view at Buffalo Wild Wings with Asher (my 8yr old son who is crazy about the UFC) and my cousin, took my son and his buddy to see IronMan 2, and spent WAY too much money and had WAY too much fun.

Which leads me to my favorite quote of the holiday weekend: As we were leaving town to head home to Columbia, I asked Asher, "So, what was your favorite ...part of the trip?" His response... "When you got pulled over by the Highway Patrol." :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » June 1st, 2010, 11:22 am

LS, sounds like a great time. All I did since friday was brush hog and bbq. It's that time of year to be in the fields and I am a little late this year due to the rain. We have a crappie trip to MTL next monday. Should be a good time to go and hit the summer pattern.

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » June 2nd, 2010, 10:22 am

Hobs, isn't it funny how the worst part of your weekend is often their favorite part!!! It's a wonder any of us ever make it as far as we do without being killed by our parents!!! :rotflmao: That is funny. Sounds like you had a good weekend too buddy!

RB, sorry you had to work so much buddy, that is a downer! Hope you guys tear into the crappie next week. We are headed down to the Gasconade for a float this weekend. Hope to get into them. It has finally come back down a bit, maybe about a foot high according to USGS. Hope it clears up a little and the rain stays clear. So far they haven't had any today.
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/