MMM Jerkbaits...

Information about bass fishing in Missouri
RB
Admin Team

Re: MMM Jerkbaits...

Post by RB » January 13th, 2011, 3:33 pm

LS, buddy of mine had the same thing. He didn't even have to eat it. If he sat at the table where fish was being eaten he would get real sick quick. carried an epi pen in his pocket. You should talk to an allergists and see if there is a shot for that. It is amazing what they can do. I am allergic to everything in my house and on my farm but have been on shots and its under control. Nothing better than a fish fry especially at a camp. We'll have to remember that for the hoe down ifn' you come this year.

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » January 13th, 2011, 3:58 pm

I used to carry an epi pen, because believe me. Fish is just the beginning of my food allergy problems. I have gotten so used to living with it, that I am overl contious of it and make sure I never cross the line. Plus the reaction I get from otehr foods would give me enough time to seek help if I needed it. I will do my best to make the hoe down this year, I was really close last year!!!
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » January 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Yep you missed a good time. Just the right size group and all had a good time especially the kids. As always DMR hit the culinary home runs with the chantrelle mushrooms and duck breasticles. But, everything we had was top end good and a good time. Plus Roscoe's' little home made deer camp was perfect.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » January 14th, 2011, 9:42 am

I have no problem keeping bass, especially Kentuckies since they generally compete with the smallies and largemouth. Most of the rivers in the Osage river basin have an abundance of them. I also don't mind keeping smaller LM out of farm ponds, especially where they are stunting. It is a legitmate management tool. I do try to avoid keeping the really big LM and smallies if I am not keeping as a trophy mount, unless they are hooked badly.

Roscoe's camp was the perfect place, once you could find it! We'll have to use something other than shriveled up balloons to mark his place next time :jmplgh:
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » January 14th, 2011, 10:08 am

TH, I agree with what you are saying above but I usually don't fish for LM bass. I did help my brother take a couple hundred stunted bass out of his pond on advice of MDC and we had a hell of a fish fry but that was some time ago. I guess I got the way I am by being the only meat fishermen of all my fishing buddies most of whom fish for bass. So when they bass fish I crappie or bottom fish and we get along great.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » January 14th, 2011, 2:15 pm

We had 10 keepers today and must have caught 25 or 30 all together. It wasnt on a method that is used around down here but it was a blast. Caught smalliles, spots, and largemouth. Biggest lm was a 5 lber and a couple of 4s. Had a 4lb spot and a 4lb smallie. That is all, carry on.
That's funny you don't look Druish.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » January 14th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Triton X2 wrote:We had 10 keepers today and must have caught 25 or 30 all together. It wasnt on a method that is used around down here but it was a blast. Caught smalliles, spots, and largemouth. Biggest lm was a 5 lber and a couple of 4s. Had a 4lb spot and a 4lb smallie. That is all, carry on.
Triton, keep any for the skillet?

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » January 15th, 2011, 1:03 pm

:no:

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » January 19th, 2011, 10:12 am

4lb smallie is a whopper in my book.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » January 19th, 2011, 10:43 am

Yeah, it was. The method was even more interesting.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » January 19th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Triton X2 wrote:Yeah, it was. The method was even more interesting.
Going to keep that intentionally ambiguous? :scratch:
Triton X2 wrote:It wasnt on a method that is used around down here but it was a blast.
I started thinking dynamite but then I remembered that is a method used down there so you must be talking about something else. :jmplgh:
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » January 19th, 2011, 3:47 pm

:biggrin crawdad color. Funny thing is one of my good friends is a blaster :yes: