October. Taney - Part Deaux

The place for fishermen (and women) to gather and BS
fish
2018 Member of the Year

October. Taney - Part Deaux

Post by fish » October 18th, 2011, 9:27 pm

Beautiful weather. Left Branson yesterday morning w/ clear skies an 70 degrees. Got to JC w/ rain an 54 degrees 3 hrs later. Felt I should turn around and go back. :yes: Caught fish on jigs but not the quantity or quality as last month. Oh well it was fun for the last fishing trip of the season.

Now on to road goat time... May actually try to put meat in the freezer this year but just don't hate 'em like I used to tho :shrug:

RB
Admin Team

Re: October. Taney - Part Deaux

Post by RB » October 19th, 2011, 10:29 am

I understand that completely JD. Father time makes changes as we go along but you still a killa of feesh. The reports on Phil's site have been pretty good lately especially up by the dam. Did you haul the barge down with you?

fish
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fish » October 20th, 2011, 8:58 am

Yeah, hauled the fatass boat down there. It's a bit of overkill up on the upper end. I don't take it much past the "Lookout Hole." Man has the lake changed up there. Got to watch yourself when you get above Trout Hollow Resort. Does seem to be some big fish up at the dam

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » October 25th, 2011, 8:55 am

When they are not running water it can be a challenge to navigate above fall creek. I clipped the bottom up where the tree is hanging over the channel because some guy was anchored there and i tried to squeeze by. I did not try to go above lookout island. The whole upper lake is different after the two big floods. Glad we didn't buy the house we liked across the lake from fall creek marina in 07. It got trashed twice now. our next trip there will be next april unless I can sneak down for a couple of days over the holidays.