FEEEESH

This is the place for general discussion about hunting and all outdoor topics including pics of the HCOTW. Moderated by Warmouth, 2012 MEMBER OF THE YEAR.
RB
Admin Team

Re: FEEEESH

Post by RB » April 9th, 2018, 2:05 pm

TH, if they run water its usually real good below the dam. I hope they move in by the end of the month when we get down there. We split the time between snagging on LOZ and crappie fishing on Truman. If you hear anything about them moving up let me know.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » April 23rd, 2018, 7:46 am

I had heard crappie were starting to go shallow right before the drop in air temps and the low coming through over the weekend. The upcoming warm weather is probably going to help a lot as long as the weekend rain doesn't muddy things up too much. I will be down in the Truman Lake area this coming weekend, probably more so on the upper end of Truman than lower as they are not letting water out of Pomme right now. However I need to go check on my property over on the Pomme arm so may check out that area anyhow- I know some spots where I can likely find some morels sop may make it worth it. When are you going RB?
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » April 23rd, 2018, 4:17 pm

This week. Snagging should be good and some reports of crappie moving in. Late start for them.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » April 30th, 2018, 9:44 am

Back from out trip to LOZ and Truman and it was a bust for us. Got there later afternoon Tuesday but got a couple hours of snagging in. Rained all day Wednesday so we stayed in. The brave guys who went out in the rain all day did pretty good. Thursday snagged all day with no luck and people were catching them. The crappie really turned on Thursday and we left Friday so while it was fun to get away was not a productive trip for us. We're going to do it different next time.

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » April 30th, 2018, 10:41 am

Yeah, the LOZ crappie bite has just blown up. Dad and bro went yesterday and fish were SHALLOW. Hard to fish because it was so crowded. It is amazing how quickly news travels.
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » May 2nd, 2018, 1:56 pm

Hammered them on Truman on Monday. Grand arm. Water temperature about 64. Mostly males.
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » May 2nd, 2018, 3:45 pm

The warm weather has really changed things for the better for fishing in Western MO. I have been catching white bass and even catfish.

In addition, morels are now out in areas that got some rain over the last week. The storms this week should give us our last pushup of morels for this season.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"