New Year

This is the place for general discussion about hunting and all outdoor topics including pics of the HCOTW. Moderated by Warmouth, 2012 MEMBER OF THE YEAR.
RB
Admin Team

New Year

Post by RB » January 9th, 2020, 10:45 am

Hope you all had a happy and safe holiday season. We sure did. Capped it off with a 2 night trip to Echo Bluff state park. What a great place to stay. It's a new year and it would be nice to see some of you come back to this place and wake it up.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Re: New Year

Post by Tigerhaze » January 9th, 2020, 11:31 pm

Happy New Year to you too RB. I thought this site may have been taken down for good when I tried to access it a couple of days ago so was surprised to see it back up.

My parents (in the early 70s) went to Echo Bluff last summer and stayed in the hotel there. Not only did they see deer and other wildlife directly across from their balcony. They also were surprised how dark it is out there- they were happy about how many stars they could see.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » January 13th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Place is absolutely beautiful. The facilities are extremely nice, courteous staff and the restaurant in the lodge was pretty good. We had a 2 bedroom cabin with wood burning fireplace. Saw deer but did not see the wild horses that were in the park a week before. Almost impossible to get a room or cabin during the season. Books a year ahead. Easier to get in now and good winter rates.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » January 13th, 2020, 4:42 pm

And we're still here. Jim hasn't pulled the plug yet.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » February 11th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Good to hear you had a good time RB. Hopefully you weren't down there during the ice storms as those roads are curvy.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 12th, 2020, 5:28 pm

TH it was great weather and we went back for a long Superbowl weekend. Also went looking for the wild horses which we found then drove to Peck Ranch and saw a bunch of elk. Both trips were great and weather was super. 78 on Superbowl Sunday. I'm sure your folks loved the lodge it's beautiful. We can't say enough about the place.