2018 Member of the Year

Ha.....

Post by OYD » March 3rd, 2004, 9:55 pm

I finally get the first word.....

swmoDukR
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Ha.....

Post by swmoDukR » March 3rd, 2004, 10:20 pm

Dontchya have someone post to bash you post basher Image Image.

swmo

p.s. Hey OYD, doin' any training lately???

TTTim
2018 Member of the Year

Post by TTTim » March 4th, 2004, 10:16 am

OYD, Does that post have a health certificate and are the parents xrayed. I am so glad you took my job at the old Cafe with exposing the bad breeders. I did it for the same reasons as you. Had a dog with HD and didnt want others to fall for what I did.
TTTim
I told you the WAS lives!

SpringerDude
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SpringerDude » March 6th, 2004, 11:02 pm

OYD...you got the first word and didn't plug the Southwest Missouri HRC Hunt Test! Can't believe you!! If you have a hunt'n dog that will fetch, bring them out for the Hunt Retriever Club Hunt Test on April 3. If you have questions, post them here or send a PM.
SpringerDude

2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

Post by 2BHNTN » March 8th, 2004, 6:51 pm

We always used Britney Spaniels for Pheasents/quail. Since my last name is Springer, I alway's wondered how that breed does. I had heard they are pretty wired for sound, nervous, and such. Any truth to that ?
"I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holiday

SpringerDude
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SpringerDude » March 9th, 2004, 1:19 am

2bhtn,

Not exactly. There are some nervous, wired, hyper, calm, easy going, retrieving fools, spectacular water entries, you name it, there are some that fit the bill. Just like any other breed...it all depends on the breeding, training and individual dog.

I have one that is a hunting fanatic on woodcocks, quail, doves, rabbit. Retrieves it all. Hunts hard. Couldn't ask for much more. Easy around the house, calm. Just a solid dog. Pedigree is full of NFC's AFC's FC's. Sire is a NFC.

I have another one that is Wired with a capital W. Loves to retrieve as much as any dog. Has speed, water entry fun to watch, perpetual motion when hunting. Tears up the briars hunting (including his ears!) Just an alround go getter. Soon as I get him steady, he will be fun to run in HRC Seasoned events. I have run him in a www.uplandclassic.com hunt this past Jan and that was fun. Will be running him in the Upland Classic National later this week.

Different type of hunting than most around here are used to. But it is fun watching them blow the woodcocks into the air, or making the rabbits get the heck out of dodge. They are animated and I enjoy watching them hunt.
SpringerDude

2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

Post by 2BHNTN » March 9th, 2004, 6:25 pm

SD,

Gotcha... makes alot of sense and par in other breeds as well. I love watching them get on a scent. Image Friend of mine runs English Setters up in Silex field trials. You ever run your dogs up their ?

SpringerDude
2018 Member of the Year

Post by SpringerDude » March 9th, 2004, 11:49 pm

2b...

Where is Silex? I am not too much of a traveler.

I know what you mean about them turning into scent. I catch pigeons so I can watch my dogs work year round. I have learned a lot about the dogs and scenting conditions as well. (And a lot about pigeons!!)

If you ever get a chance to watch a brush busting springer work briars and vines, blowing out woodcocks, don't miss it.

I had an opportunity once to have seen where a woodcock landed. The ground cover was dense but not too thick. I turned my young dog loose...he was about 1.5 at the time. When he got down wind and went into the bird, the bird flushed and Kasey leaped into the air after it. This was about 2 weeks after the season closed so I was just standing there enjoying the show. I hope I never forget that flush and leap.

Later...
SpringerDude

2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

Post by 2BHNTN » March 10th, 2004, 12:25 pm

SD,

Silex is north of Troy, Mo about 15 miles. West of hwy 40/61. The visionary you speak of never leaves the mind. I have been holding on to some of those for 30+ years now and they are as fresh as the morning dew. Image