ackermannsacre-- Got a question for ya

Catch-all for all other types of fishing...
T HAUS
2018 Member of the Year

ackermannsacre-- Got a question for ya

Post by T HAUS » October 7th, 2004, 8:03 pm

When you troll your Big Macs, how do you tie on?? Direct to lure or do you use a split ring??

Thanks

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Re: ackermannsacre-- Got a question for ya

Post by ackermannsacre » October 7th, 2004, 11:37 pm

I normally rig with a fastlock snap with no swivel for trolling most cranks and bucktails. I will use a fastlock with BB swivel if I am going to troll spinners or anything else that has a tendacy to twist my line. But what do I know, I'm not exactly a fish catchin' machine lately Image
The BiteMe Tracker
http://www.mo-walleye.org

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » October 7th, 2004, 11:44 pm

May try both ways this November and see if one works better than the other. Have about a dozen Big Macs, a dozen Little Macs, half dozen Shallow Macs from last springs eBay shopping spree. Need to stock up on a bunch of bucktail jigs and umbrella rigs before next month. I lost 3 umbrella rigs running the downriggers in July down on Norfolk, that will deplete the ole' tackle box in a hurry!
The BiteMe Tracker

T HAUS
2018 Member of the Year

Post by T HAUS » October 8th, 2004, 6:59 pm

I think I'll try using split rings with them and hope they don't come apart with something big on..

Also, it may not be worth your while, but you might ought to look at getting a mold for those bucktails. They look alot easier to tie than them micro jigs ole Jigman uses

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » October 10th, 2004, 7:56 am

Was thinking the same thing, looks like a winter project, was planning on getting a basic vise anyway to start tying some jigs and need to buy some misc. supplies anyway to start tying my own spinner harnesses.
The BiteMe Tracker

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » October 10th, 2004, 9:54 pm

Bill....when I get back from Nebraska next weekend, I will drop you a note. I got a whole bunch of tiny little spinner blades and clevises....enough for two or three lifetimes, I guess. Will send you some. Looks to me like size 0,1, & 2. Should make some nice harness rigs.
I'm headed out to Nebraska tomorrow....it just works out that I will be in the area of the big Cabela's store at Sidney. Gonna pick up a bunch of snell type hooks in #4 and #6. If you want me to get anything special while I'm there that is hard to find around here, drop me an e-mail. I can check my regular email from the daughter's computer. Probably hit Cabela's on Thur or Friday. You'll know if I got the email...will send back a confirmation. Talk at y'all next week when we get back.
CW
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue