How soon?

He shoots... He scores!!!
DH_72
2018 Member of the Year

How soon?

Post by DH_72 » March 25th, 2005, 11:08 pm

About what time of the year do you start going after the fish? I'm wanting to get out there, but think it is too early.
The jabroni beatin' pie eatin' donkey kickin' titty lickin' toughest son of a femaledog

Robin@AimLow
2018 Member of the Year

Re: How soon?

Post by Robin@AimLow » March 26th, 2005, 8:24 pm

Now is not too early. Best at night, however (you can shoot fish all winter long at night if you want). I have reports of carp easily found at Truman during the day over the last 2 weeks on decent sunny days.

Limiting factors this time of year are cold fronts (similar effect as in bass fishing), and muddy water.

I usually find myself in the turkey woods knowing I should be out bowfishing.

swmoDukR
2018 Member of the Year

Post by swmoDukR » March 26th, 2005, 10:49 pm

Thought the same as far as being too early until last saturday night when I went out with a couple guys from Wisconsin. Told me they would gaurantee fish if I could show them mud flats and gravel bars. Ended up filling two tubs full of fish between 3 of us. Temps were somewhere around 30 degrees but didn't feel like it with all the shooting we were doing. The key is fishing at night this time of year tho as the fish for one are easier to see at night with lights and two they move up onto the mud and gravel after it's heated up from the sun hitting it all day. At least that's what I was told and after experiencing and not being able to find fish during the day now believe.

Robin@AimLow
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Robin@AimLow » March 30th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Did you take them to Taney or BS?

We might have to go this weekend with the decent night temps. Got the batt's all charged. Just need to change the oil in the genny and start motor and should be good.

swmoDukR
2018 Member of the Year

Post by swmoDukR » March 31st, 2005, 8:14 pm

Took em to BS, although they said they seen more and bigger fish, including gar, on the Rock the night before and the night after.

Took my boys out tuesday night on BS after whitebass fishing and let them run the spot light while I shot. Ended up shooting 7 commons' over 10 lbs each and missed a buffalo that would of probably pushed over 20lbs. Tell now that I need to get a bow for them and/or another spot light Image.

You guys planning on coming down here or staying up there??? Going to say the creeks are starting to get crowded with all the white bass fishermen down here, just fyi.

Robin@AimLow
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Robin@AimLow » April 1st, 2005, 12:29 am

That is too far for us for one night. We will be down soon though for a couple days. Stupid gas prices is gonna make it tough though.

swmoDukR
2018 Member of the Year

Post by swmoDukR » April 1st, 2005, 8:35 pm

Here ya about the gas prices. When you make it down and if you got room for another shooter give me a holler Image.