Must be a conspiracy....

Information about hunting predators in Missouri
coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Must be a conspiracy....

Post by coyotewhacker » April 5th, 2005, 3:30 pm

After all the walleye fishing, I finally got some time to go out calling coyotes and maybe give the new 7mm Rem Mag a chance to do its thing. Went out late yesterday afternoon with the little mini system I put together along with the "Call Crazy Coyotes" CD I got off Ebay several weeks ago. When it comes to calling tapes and CD's, I generally am lukewarm on most of them, but this one is truly the best I have ever heard. Most CDs and tapes are simply a non-stop version of the same old sound, repeated over and over, but this one was recored by a professional coyotehunter who is really good with a mouth call, and in addition, he has long pauses between the calling sequences, which to me, at least, sounds more like a tired, scared, or wounded rabbit would sound like....anyway, I got set up and went through a couple of set with no coyotes called in, but it was a bit early. Just when the time started getting "right", I saw (and heard) a red Chevy pickup come rumbling up the fenceline. It was full of maybe eight or so people out for an afternooon drive. There went any chance for a coyote, so I packed it in and came home. Went out this morning to try again, but after one set the wind came up and it got too cool to sit out in just a thin long sleeve camo shirt, so I came in again.It was good to go out calling again,and it won't be long before one makes its last mistake!
By the way, most of you guys probably know a whole lot more about varmint hunting than I do, but if there is anything specific you would like to ask about or discuss, bring it on. I've hunted coyotes, feral dogs, bobcats, groundhogs, prairie dogs, feral cats, hogs....plus a couple of deer hunts in Texas, Florida, Louisiana, and Missouri along the way. I noted that there is no specific forum for shooting and reloading, and I do a bit of that, so if ya wanna talk ballistics, bullet casting, reloading, etc., we can get into that, too. If you happen to be true believer in the PETA cause, be prepared for a rough reception. I see the sun is coming out, so CW may just go retrieve a deer stand that was on the other side of the creek, and the water was high all winter. Good calling and good hunting to all of you.
CW Image
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue