To all walleye forum posters

Information about walleye fishing in Missouri
2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

To all walleye forum posters

Post by 2BHNTN » August 4th, 2005, 1:49 pm

Not everything is as it appears. This is a good forum and I hope the lot of you stick around. My feeling is that the glue that kept this forum as successful as it is was the posting each of you made as individual contributors. I was told by CW himself that he got a offer within 20 minutes of his proclomation of leaving to moderate another site, held us over a barrel to get what he wanted, and basically inferred that he would be taking this group with him. I hope you all stick around and continue to make this a great place for sharing walleye fishing tactics, and makeing plans. I see this staying very much as it always has. Your all a good bunch of guys so please don't let one guy that decided to use this place as place to excercise personal vendettas ruin a good thing and the common good for the rest of you and us.

Image Image
"I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holiday

powerdive
2018 Member of the Year

Re: To all walleye forum posters

Post by powerdive » August 4th, 2005, 2:09 pm

I think everyone's a tad leery to chime in right now. Hey, I'll stick around. No way would I EVER agree to moderate on this or any site, but I do greatly enjoy this forum and the people who post here.

Gotta be careful, though. I consider CW to be a friend of mine, although his opinions are his own and he has made his own decisions, for better or worse. I see no need to bash him, since he obviously won't be here to reply, and I do wish him well and hope to see him soon.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » August 4th, 2005, 2:12 pm

quote from JimDog: I didn't assign moderators to fix a problem, but rather to avoid problems in the future.

I ain't taking sides in this, but the above comment by JimDog is quite interesting. His intent with moderators was to avoid problems in the future. CW clearly felt he was doing this with the action he took. So why was his authority usurped in this matter? Not saying if CW was right or wrong, but if I take action to "avoid potential prolems" and I'm overriden, then you can bet your sweet Image that I'll follow CW right out the door. Seems to me to be a damned if you, damned if you don't situation, because very often history does repeat itself.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » August 4th, 2005, 2:13 pm

powerdive - You don't have to agree to anything...all you gotta do is be here and one day your name might magically appear as moderator. Image
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Tablerock
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tablerock » August 4th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Well said Powerdive... Cw was my friend. CW IS my friend. I hate it that all this has happened, but it has and that's that. I have no plans to leave the walleye forum. As long as the posting remains mostly about walleye fishing it'll be just fine.
Now excuse me while I go over to another thread and scold Hogwild and DSG. Fellas, it's time to move forward...!!

Image Image
Fish Amongst 'Em

DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 4th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Amen to what 2B said!

I'll be brief. I came here for an exchange of information, and some good times, just like everyone else. I have more reason to hang here than I did, say, a year ago. I did nothing wrong to prompt the former moderators wrath. Frankly, what blew me away the most about this is that due to a series of PM's about a year ago I thought the former moderator had let any percieved troubles between us go like water under a bridge.

As I said before, the former moderator booted me off the other day without cause. That's not anyones concern but mine and I'm back. The former moderator chose not to be. That's his choice. If he isn't big enough to deal with an issue like an adult, that's also his choice. Lets just get on with it, and stop acting like a buncha three year olds.
Tablerock said:
Now excuse me while I go over to another thread and scold Hogwild and DSG. Fellas, it's time to move forward...!!

Image Image

Now, to address the above quote. I don't expect a whole buncha you guys that have never met me to know this but I tolerate bullchit very well. heck, most of what goes on on these sites is bullchit. But when someone steps in and makes an unwarranted accusation, I ain't gonna stand by and watch. That's just the way it is. Thus my response to hogwild over on the other topic.

This whole deal started over four years ago over something that no one here I doubt even knows about. It has run it's course. To my knowledge I've never done a bamn thing to any of you here to cause you any grief. If I have, someone, please let me know about it. Again, I'm all ears. Otherwise, please just let it die.

'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day.'

trackerteam6
2018 Member of the Year

Post by trackerteam6 » August 4th, 2005, 4:11 pm

DSG, welcome, Yes I remember what happened and I agree it is water under the bridge. I have always enjoyed your insight and the insight of the others who are now gone. I still go the the other sites and I'll continue to come here. Life is to darn short for some matters of opinion. How is life at Stockton, do you make it up to Truman anymore?

2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

Post by 2BHNTN » August 4th, 2005, 5:13 pm

PD,

Certainly not looking for any bashing. I like the guy too. I just did not like what happened, how it happened, get my drift ? Not to proud of the way I went about addressing it either. You boy's carry on, its your place to do what you will.

powerdive
2018 Member of the Year

Post by powerdive » August 4th, 2005, 5:18 pm

OK, well, who's still here? Tell me if you're not. Image

2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

Post by 2BHNTN » August 4th, 2005, 5:19 pm

Image Image Image

Tablerock
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tablerock » August 4th, 2005, 5:54 pm

I've been told I've never been ALL the way here.....

By the way. You can't get there from here. Image
Fish Amongst 'Em

bullitt
2018 Member of the Year

Post by bullitt » August 8th, 2005, 8:09 am

Ah yes, "There and Back Again"... Image
Rehab is for quitters.