The thrill is gone...

Information about walleye fishing in Missouri
powerdivehome
2018 Member of the Year

The thrill is gone...

Post by powerdivehome » August 6th, 2005, 1:47 am

Everybody's mad at me, I think.

CW's mad at me because I didn't stick with him. Instead, I told him I thought he'd made a mistake and then I tried to play peacemaker.

Some of the forum regulars are mad at me because I tried to play peacemaker. I should have just stayed quiet, as they did. Now it's all screwed up, they said; I think they think I helped it happen. Maybe I did, but I certainly didn't mean to. I absolutely didn't see this coming.

To everyone: I'm sorry. I didn't want any of this. I really don't have any other place to go...

Most people on the Internet are ghosts--you've never met them, you've never seen them, and you never will. They show up as characters on a computer screen. Their thoughts and words are just movements on a keyboard. What they say is only real if you want it to be.

This forum is different. Most of the folks here have met, or are just one person away from meeting each other and actually looking forward to the experience. We're friends. We share a common passion. We enjoy passing on what we've learned, and joshing each other. To some of the other folks on this site, we're probably pretty boring because we almost never get rude & crude, and we don't wake up every day with a testosterone cocktail swirling in our gut. (Most of us simply are not so youthful anymore...)

It worked pretty well. We had fun, we learned from each other, we attracted more friends, even made the acquaintance of some of the pros. Pretty cool!

I personally was against banning DSG. He claimed he had turned a new leaf, left his bygones behind, only wanted to learn. I figured he deserved a chance, and if he had another agenda, it wouldn't take long to surface. But there was no stopping CW. He went off, and then he just went off...

That means DSG wins the personal feud for the moment. Unfortunately, it cost us our board. I doubt he meant for that to happen, but that's what has happened. Because in my eyes, it all boils down to this:

When CW was moderator, things were great. Now that he's gone, this place sucks. No matter what you thought of his gun-totin', coyote-whackin', third-person-usin' habits, there was no harnessing his sense of humor, and his barely controlled enthusiasm for this walleye thing. He helped us ALL have fun.

2BHNTN was wrong. Coyotewhacker had EVERYTHING to do with the success of this forum. We just never realized it till it was too late.

Bill, come back!

darmstadter
2018 Member of the Year

Re: The thrill is gone...

Post by darmstadter » August 6th, 2005, 4:00 am

i second that!!!
the only reason i joined this club in the first place was because of guys like cw.
if i wanted to fish with a bunch of back stabbin sob's i'd joined the nebraska walleye club.
lets all try and get everything in order before the september tournament ok.
oh and by the way i joined this club in march i do believe and ive never recieved 1 issue of walleye insider magazine yet. can anyone help with that?
thanks see you all in september
mark

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » August 6th, 2005, 11:13 am

Email coming your way.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 6th, 2005, 1:29 pm

PD, I'm not mad at you. Image
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day.'

walleyesrus
2018 Member of the Year

Post by walleyesrus » August 7th, 2005, 1:34 pm

I agree with most of what Mike said, I don't know if cw is monitering any of this, but if you let this in anyway effect your enjoyment of walleye fishing or effect any of the new friendships you've developed thru this website, the wrong people are winning and your friends are losing. On a side note, please bear in mind this website has no affiliation with the MWAA only in that we equally share a passion for fellowship and walleye fishing.

meat man
2018 Member of the Year

Post by meat man » August 7th, 2005, 10:55 pm

I'm not mad at you Mike. I don;t guess I quite understand what's going on . But my thoughts are ,everybody is blowing it out of poportion . I say let's talk about walleye fishing and having fun. If anyone wants to kid around with me I promise I want take it personal.If anyone follows me to another site and annoys me .I know when to tell em to kiss my AXX. Git-R-Done

lcostley
2018 Member of the Year

Post by lcostley » August 7th, 2005, 11:58 pm

Mike,

Nice post. I was gone for 2 weeks, and came back to read all this crap. From all the posts I have read, this does not seem like a fun or relaxed forum anymore. The forum has become very rude and poor etiquette towards others at best.

I will check in from time to time, but I am probably going to disappear from this forum.

It is a shame that a good thing had to get so out of whack. I do not know the CW-DSG issues. I don't want to get involved it their issues. I like CW, and I thought he did a great job moderating this forum. It is too bad that a couple of "sh*t disturbers" had to come in here from another forum and make such a mess.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a forum on the MWAA web page? Just a thought.

Mike, I am going to be down there in a few weeks....I wonder if I can drink Springfield out of Canadian beer again.
AGH...lost it....She pulled down my pants and all she did was giggle.

2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

Post by 2BHNTN » August 8th, 2005, 11:38 am

Sorry you feel that way PD. He did a good job with the walleye forum in building it up. He did real good in burning it down too.
"I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holiday

trackerteam6
2018 Member of the Year

Post by trackerteam6 » August 8th, 2005, 12:16 pm

PD you did what you thought was right. That's all any of us can do. None of us on this forum are perfect, we all make mistakes, that's life. I haven't met everyone one who post here yet , but all the people I have met have been great people. Personally, usless someone uses foul language I do not think they should be barred from posting. We all have the right to express our beliefs. This forum will only be as good as we as a group make it. If someone comes on to start problems just ignore them.

Shannon Woods
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Shannon Woods » August 8th, 2005, 12:45 pm

2BHNTN said:
Sorry you feel that way PD. He did a good job with the walleye forum in building it up. He did real good in burning it down too.
2BHTN you are 2BWRONGAGAIN Hmmmmmm Poet and didn't know it Image Cw did not burn anything down!
GO HOGS! GO