MTL friday

Share your fishing reports here
perchplucker
2018 Member of the Year

MTL friday

Post by perchplucker » August 14th, 2005, 11:00 am

We ventured up to MTL friday and went crappie fishing. My husband and I both caught our limit. They weren't nothing to brag about but when making a 4 hour round trip you take what is given you. We also caught I channel. One of us always seems to catch a cat on minnows when up there. Caugth them on minnows with cappie nibbles. Couldnt get them to bite on a plain minnow they had to have the nibble to go with it. Als when the gars would move in it was time to move because the crappie would quit biting. The gars kept swimming around and checking out our bobbers. I was funny to watch. They would just swim over to them and stare. It was a very enjoyable 1/2 day on the water. Only seen 4 other boats in the area we were and they where just putting around. No bouncing up and down on waves or banging against trees. Very nice indeed. It looked really strange with the water level down so low. Some places we had motored before now had green grass and weeds. If the lake would come back up I bet the fish will be in those fresh weeds like crazy.