bull heads

Information about catfish fishing in Missouri
JBMan
2018 Member of the Year

Re: bull heads

Post by JBMan » March 29th, 2004, 1:50 pm

i would agree, here i just shelled out almost 5 georges for 12 of em. but i think that they are worth every penny.
Ain't gonna break, ain't gonna bend, we're just carryin on!

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » March 29th, 2004, 3:26 pm

Planning on trying some circles on bullheads, but the way they swallow them to their gut before moveing im not sure how well they will work. Guess we will find out...lol

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » April 2nd, 2004, 11:52 am

Wolfman I don't know how far they swallow, but I know that when they start moving off and you just start reeling it hooks them in the corner of the mouth.
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » April 2nd, 2004, 3:14 pm

Supposedly they will pull out of their gut from what ive heard and hook em in the mouth, but thats a little hard to beleive. Maybe their gullet but id think the hook would catch in their throat and hook em.
Thats the rub, them lil buggers are slick about running up and swallowing it all the way to their bunghole before they take off...lol
Either way im going to get some small cheap ones and give em a try. Can't be no worse then reg eagleclaws.
I can get away from the women folk and their [email]d@mn[/email] honeydo's im going to go try about sat or sun. Maybe see if i can catch one of them nasty vermin bass to...lol

JBMan
2018 Member of the Year

Post by JBMan » April 6th, 2004, 3:03 pm

just caught a couple little yeller chugs yesterday, my circles hooked them solidly in the side of the jaw every time. gettin them off was another story. but lots of fun. I was using cut minnows, they wouldn't bite anything else. while cleanin em, had one pinch down on my pinky, it's a whole nuther world of hurt! ain't nothin like a 20 lb channel, or flathead, and just about as bad as a blue
Ain't gonna break, ain't gonna bend, we're just carryin on!

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:36 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear