MinnKota onboard charging system

Rods, Reels, lures, line, etc.
coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

MinnKota onboard charging system

Post by coyotewhacker » May 22nd, 2004, 9:20 am

Found a brand new 2020 unit (2 battery/10 amps per battery) at the BPS catalog return store for half price last week. Since I had gone down to get one of the 2010 units on sale, I figured twice the capacity for the same price was a pretty good deal. Got it home, hooked it up....real simple. One power cord going in, two pairs of color coded terminal wires going out. For anybody who needs a fast and simple way to recharge your trolling batteries after a trip, this is the way to do it. Once the batteries are connected correctly to the terminal wires, you just plug in the power cord to a heavy duty extension cord and forget it until the next trip. The unit has automatic 3 stage charging and will maintain fully charged batteries with a slow trickle charge indefinitely without boiling or overcharging them. Based on it performance after three trips, I heartily endorse it.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Re: MinnKota onboard charging system

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:48 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear