Wabbits

Information about hunting small game in Missouri
Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Wabbits

Post by Duck Me Runnin » January 19th, 2006, 11:31 am

Yesterday, after cutting a load of firewood, it had warmed up enough to keep the geese from moving much. So, we decided to try to wack a few bunnies.

Now, I'll admit, I don't remember the last time I bailed out of the truck with the intention of killin' bunnies. For nostalgia purposes, I took my old Stevens side by side that I've had since I was 18. Back then, I pursued alot more non- feathered critters than I do these days.

I had nearly forgotten how much fun rabbit hunting really is. We didn't have hounds, just stomped the brushpiles. We killed more than enough to fill the crock pot. It was a blast. I may just have to do it again. Image Image
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Re: Wabbits

Post by Warmouth » January 19th, 2006, 12:12 pm

It is fun stuff. A small game hunt is a really laid back type of hunt compared to what we spend most of our hunting time after (big game/water fowl).

I still enjoy rabbit and squirrel hunting a lot. Not enough other hunters in the woods to worry about, and if you screw up, you can still be minutes away from another shot opp. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Wabbits

Post by Duck Me Runnin » January 19th, 2006, 12:38 pm

I've been havin' a hankerin' for some skillet browned, tossed in the crockpot with cream of chicken soup rabbit. It's dayum good stuff when ladled onto a bed of rice. Image

These ain't gonna see the freezer. I may just invest more than an hour next time, and freeze a few. Image
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?