Blossom Rock Trail

Places to go when you just want to poke around in the woods
BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Blossom Rock Trail

Post by BornBad » April 28th, 2004, 11:01 am

@ Lane Spring Recreation Area (MTNF); 12 miles South of Rolla on Hwy 63.

Blossom Rock Trail (1.25 miles) begins at the parking lot in Lane Spring Recreation area (look for the sign). The trail threads through woods along an old stream channel, then rises gradually to Blossom Rock. This enormous flower-like sandstone formation, about 3 feet high and 30 feet across, "blooms" out of the surrounding limestone. Past the rock, the trail follows a ridge, then descends through a steep glade to Little Piney Creek and returns to the campground.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Blossom Rock Trail

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 5:12 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 2nd, 2006, 6:55 am

wwheeler
2018 Member of the Year

Post by wwheeler » May 4th, 2006, 10:39 am

That's not in the national forest is it?
If so, is it one of those areas that Congressman Roy Blunt wants to sell to his wealthy contributors for development?
Elmo

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » May 4th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Yes, it is part of MTNF. There was a time you could go to the park any time, no cost. Now the park is gated closed during non-trout season. When it is open, there is a $2.00 parking fee. I don't mind the fee, the park has nicer facilities these days. I do have issues with it being closed in the winter months, though.