Is anybody...

Information about bass fishing in Missouri
Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Is anybody...

Post by Limbshot » June 22nd, 2006, 7:24 am

fishing any of the rivers these days? I haven't heard a thing about anybody fishing since Memorial Day weekend. Bornbad, I know you have been out at least once since then!!!!
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Re: Is anybody...

Post by Rafe Hollister » June 22nd, 2006, 7:45 am

I waded Shoal Creek (Newton County) 2 weekends ago. Nice largemouths were hammering soft plastics in the sloughs & calm water. Got a few smallies, too, but nothing very good-sized.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » June 22nd, 2006, 3:40 pm

I hit the Pomme and Little Pomme two weeks ago. Caught some decent creek-sized LM and Kentuckies along with some channels and other fish.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » June 22nd, 2006, 7:00 pm

Catchin a smallie on micro gear that takes it in to the current is touching heaven, no matter the size. In years past I have been a fan of 1/24 rooster tails, this year I have been sticking with a wacky riged small soft plastic (simular to trout worms).
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » June 23rd, 2006, 3:12 am

BB-Have you been rigging your soft plastics with a drop shot?

I was trout fishing in the west last week, and the drop shot on those trout, in the fast water was the ticket. You could give the lure so much more action than you typically could with a weight infront of the lure. Much easier to feel the hit too.

The drop shot is deadly with a crawdad soft plastic also. Use the brass and glass like a carolina, but only put the craw about 6-8" above the weight. You get sound, you get disturbance on the bottom from the weight, and you get the craw 6" off the bottom when giving it action, and with a real slow drop back down. It has quickly become my favorite bass technique.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » June 23rd, 2006, 4:57 am

I used to drop shot soft plastics for trout, but tangles in the rig were to frequent.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear