Special quail hunts in South MO

Information about hunting small game in Missouri
Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Special quail hunts in South MO

Post by Rafe Hollister » August 23rd, 2006, 9:18 am

Apply now for special quail hunts in southern Missouri
A drawing will determine who gets to hunt at two conservation areas in southern Missouri.

ALTON, Mo.- The Missouri Department of Conservation is accepting applications for special quail hunts on the Dan and Maureen Cover Prairie Conservation Area (CA) and the Carrick W. Davidson-Robert G. Paris Wildlife Area (WA).

Permits for the hunts in Howell County will be issued by lottery. Applicants may apply for only one of the areas. Successful applicants will be given one-day permits to hunt on the area selected during an assigned time. There will be 18 hunts on Cover Prairie CA and eight hunts on Davidson-Paris WA.

Each successful applicant will be allowed to take three other hunters, and each party will be allowed to take four quail.

To apply for these special hunts, contact: Missouri Department of Conservation, Special Quail Hunts, 551 Joe Jones Blvd., West Plains, MO 65775 or call (417) 256-7161.

All applicants must include the area on which they wish to hunt, the applicants name, permanent mailing address, phone number and the names of no more than three additional people who will be in the hunting party. No person's name may be listed on more than two applications. Applications will be accepted from Sept. 1 thru Sept. 30. Successful applicants will be notified by mail by Oct. 15.

Sure. I'll drag 3 other guys halfway across the state to maybe bring home 4 quail.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Special quail hunts in South MO

Post by Tigerhaze » August 23rd, 2006, 9:29 am

I don't understand why they are even doing managed quail hunts. If the quail populations in those areas do not allow hunting under the statewide regs, then they probably shouldn't allow it at all. Does anyone know why they have managed hunts there?
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

Roscoe Dog
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Roscoe Dog » August 23rd, 2006, 10:46 am

Its so Rafe can talk about it and not show up.
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » August 24th, 2006, 2:59 am

Is that 4 quail for the group? If the limit was 4 total I wouldn't be taking anyone else.

Now rabbit hunting, that's where the action is. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » August 24th, 2006, 3:11 am

It's 4 total for the group.

There aren't any rabbits in Southern MO.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » August 24th, 2006, 4:14 am

Aren't any quail to speak of either from the sounds of it.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.