Restrictions and Limits on Taney

Information about trout fishing in Missouri
Great White Hunter
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Restrictions and Limits on Taney

Post by Great White Hunter » February 1st, 2007, 1:49 pm

All I know, is that I'm going to be down there next weekend, and I plan on keeping 150 fish, and putting them on PS's stringer, then calling the conservation officer.
aka The Flake-a-nator

fishin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishin » February 1st, 2007, 2:10 pm

rainbow, the part that confuses me is the fishing is not as good as it was even ten years ago but the fish are more protected? Plus the idiot like GWH using powerbait and releasing 60 a day are not helping any of the current problems. The average life span of a stocked trout in Taney is what, 30 days?

GWH, I fully support your plans for PS, do you need some phone numbers or an extra stringer?
"Now there's too many fools makin too many rules,
that's one thing you can't say about us."

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 1st, 2007, 4:28 pm

Great White Hunter said:
All I know, is that I'm going to be down there next weekend, and I plan on keeping 150 fish, and putting them on PS's stringer, then calling the conservation officer.

Is the PS going? I just found out that I will not be making this trip even though I want to. Maybe next time.

Great White Hunter
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Great White Hunter » February 1st, 2007, 5:55 pm

No, I just said that PS was going for the heck of it. Image
aka The Flake-a-nator

Shawn
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Shawn » February 1st, 2007, 6:03 pm

Well, I fish there from time to time and I always have an opinion....so here's mine.

4 or 5 fish limit..doesn't matter to me or most people that come here from out of town to fish. They catch their limit they are happy, whether it is 4 or 5. I am not happy if I don't put at least 100 fish in the boat in a day (I use artificial so don't freak out) That is a pretty good average, I have had some 250 fish days and some 50 fish days, but I would consider anthing over 100 (for the boat) a good day on Lake Taneycomo.

Where the numbers make a difference isn't in the fishing, because some people will struggle to catch their four and go to resort to drink beer and others will catch a bunch and keep a few for grill at the end of the day. Where I think it will make a difference is in the health of the lake itself with less pressure from lower numbers of fish on the prey in the water. Hopefully, some of that will rebound and the carrying capacity of the lake itself will be able to sustain the number of fish that are in the water. Because whether they are in there for one day or 10 years...it can only sustain so many at a time.

Just like deer management. Less deer = more food for the ones that are there = better health for the herd.

Less fish = less pressure on available prey = more prey = healthier lake = healthier fish population
Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » February 4th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Hey, Warmouth !

I could make some smoked trout dip that would cause you to eat those words. It ain't all that nasty. Image
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 5th, 2007, 10:28 am

As a consumer of DMR's famous trout dip I'll tell ya its fantastic.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » February 5th, 2007, 10:42 am

Any fish that you have to mix with 3 times as much cream cheese as actual meat, aint the best eatin' fish there is.

The trout dip is good, but just about anything with cream cheese is. DMR is just a good cook.

I haven't heard of anybody making dip with walleye, crappie or bluegill fillets. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 5th, 2007, 11:45 am

I make a fish patty with bluegill or catfish that is very good too. When I make the smoked spread I don't use the cream cheese just the fish and a little evoo or mayo to moisten. I probably like DMR's better though. Crappie and wally's are too good to mix with anything but Andy's and hot oil.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 5th, 2007, 2:53 pm

MOC, go back to your muskie kingdom.