Truman Tailrace

Share your fishing reports here
Jenny
2018 Member of the Year

Truman Tailrace

Post by Jenny » March 2nd, 2007, 4:26 pm

Well, it is that time of year again, time to dust off the fishing gear and re-string the reels. The water is running fairly consistently here at The Tailrace and this has brought out the early season anglers to battle the elements. Most have come away with at least something for their effort, and a few with great success. Such is the early season. As most walleye fishermen know, the worse the weather, the better the walleye bite. We have seen a lot of walleye caught already this season and with a couple of degree warm-up on surface temp., (which I'd look to happen within the week), the bite should pick up even more. Crappie are starting to bite as well, I've even seen some real nice sized ones come in. But you've still got to work a little for them yet. Whites are being caught here and there as well, but I've yet to see any hybrids. Catfish are biting pretty good but shad are extremely difficult to find. Don't forget that new '07 fishing license because I guarantee you the Game Warden hasn't forgot that your old one just expired. Here at The Station are getting geared up for a great season this year and look foreword to seeing you all here at The Tailrace.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Truman Tailrace

Post by Outdoorsfool » March 8th, 2007, 2:16 pm

D'OH....note to self.....buy fishing license. Image Thanks for the continued updates!
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.