Truman Tailrace

Share your fishing reports here
Jenny
2018 Member of the Year

Truman Tailrace

Post by Jenny » April 13th, 2007, 12:53 pm

I suppose since Mother Nature gave us April weather in March it is only fitting that she now give us March weather in April. Fishing has been a little slower this week, with some real good fishing thrown in here and there. Again that is the nature of the early season. For most it is worth the gamble, but it is just that. Crappie have been fair to good. Whites and hybrids real good on and off, and fair in between. Walleye good this week, again the clouds and cool weather is their thing. Catfish have actually picked up a little as well, with some nice fish coming in again, and finally a few shad being found around the area. The Corp. has been generous in running the water all week, but odd timing patterns and current has made fishing it a challenge. The seasoned Tailrace fishermen have actually done real well this week. They have reading the water down to a science. Once in a while I am fortunate enough to sneak in beside on of them. Sometimes I can observe and learn. Other times I just stand there and am humbled by the fact that I am in the same spot with the same gear and can't catch a fish while they are pulling them out right and left. Thanks for the warm welcome on your site. We also appreciate the fishing reports in return, as it is difficult to actually hit the water ourselves this time of year. We try to keep these as honest as we can, because we realize many folks are coming a long distance to fish here, and greatly appreciate your patronage.