Water Patrol Colonel takes aim....

Discussion about politicks
Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Water Patrol Colonel takes aim....

Post by Outdoorsfool » June 1st, 2007, 2:27 pm

At the risk of offending the likes of Rafe and Cupped&Committed.....

Got to go: 'I'd break up Party Cove if I could,' Water Patrol colonel says

By Joyce L. Miller/Lake Sun
LAKE OF THE OZARKS ' The colonel of the Missouri Water Patrol says if he had his way, he'd break up the summer-long antics in Anderson Hollow Cove, aka Party Cove, and put an end to the pranks and rude and raunchy behavior that have made the spot a must-see destination for thousands of boaters every weekend. Col. Rad Talburt is taking a hard line on enforcement, but he knows there's a limit to what he can do. There is no mechanism on the books that would allow the Water Patrol to shut the party down. It isn't against the law for boats to congregate and until that changes, it's open for the season, he said
--------------------------------------------------------
It isn't against the law for boats to congregate and until that changes, it's open for the season, he said
Isn't pushing to outlaw boats congregating going just a little too far? What about boats that "congregate" at the dock of a bar? Folks need to get over Party Cove. If you don't like it, don't go there. If folks are breaking the laws in there then WP needs to do their jobs, but advocating for a law making it illegal for people to tie up together? Get real. Image
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Re: Water Patrol Colonel takes aim....

Post by Rafe Hollister » June 1st, 2007, 2:45 pm

Serious question, ODF: Does law enforcement ever do anything you're happy with or are they all total jackleg idiots that just enjoy harrassing people?
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » June 1st, 2007, 2:53 pm

A dude from Chicago could dive down and retrieve sunglasses, but WP with all their training and equipment couldn't find a body until it floated like a cork and someone pointed them to it.

You claim to be so smart, you figger out the answer to your questions.

I have a serious question, since you constantly seem so agitated by my posts, why do continually read them and respond on them? Punch the ignore button, that'll be one less thing you wake up looking to cry and whine about. :shakinmyhead:
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » June 1st, 2007, 3:07 pm

Scott,

I'm right with ya on this stuff. I just wanted you to stop ranting long enough to say that you're going to the hoe down. Image Image Image
Carry on. And such.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » June 1st, 2007, 3:18 pm

C&C - Check your PMs....and such. Image

CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » June 1st, 2007, 3:30 pm

Reply to same.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » June 1st, 2007, 4:29 pm

What do you expect a high-ranking state official to say about it? I think state officials are tired of having LOZ be labeled the 3rd most dangerous waterway in the U.S., even though the tourist dollars would likely drop substantially if the lake had a major crackdown.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"