Squirrel Season

Information about hunting small game in Missouri
Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Re: Squirrel Season

Post by Rafe Hollister » June 6th, 2007, 6:47 pm

I'll have to try that sometime. They're good on salads.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » June 7th, 2007, 11:26 am

Altonite said:
Me and my 3 year old boy went out Memorial day evening killed a couple of squirrels and caught about 200 ticks. I fried them up this week and they were pretty good. My wife wouldn't touch them but the two kids ate some.

Thanks for jogging my memory, Altonite. I took my son on his first squirrel hunt when he was 3. He got a little tired, so I carried him back to the truck. A few days later it occured to me that knee-high poison ivy comes up to the sleeves on a little guy. The back of my neck was covered with it from where he had his arm around me while I packed him around. Poison ivy on the back of your neck, in the heat of summer, is miserable.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

Altonite
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Altonite » June 7th, 2007, 1:41 pm

That was his first hunt too. I've took him fishing before, but not hunting. He had to carry a little play rifle with him but that was OK. He was really good kept quiet or whispered if he asked something. Kind of neat. I took a pic of him and the squirrels as a keep sake. Image
Wishing I could quit my job, and hunt and fish all day long !!!!