Musky fishing Pomme

For those who enjoy chasing the elusive toothy ones!
spinnerbait
2018 Member of the Year

Musky fishing Pomme

Post by spinnerbait » April 13th, 2004, 10:27 pm

Hey guys, I just signed on to post musky fishing on Pomme. I am a guide on the Lake, and if I can help you catch a musky on our lake, we would both be pleased. If you have any questions, ask away, and I will try to respond as soon as possible. I don't think they smell like a garter snake.

counts
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Musky fishing Pomme

Post by counts » May 4th, 2004, 10:43 pm

We had a couple 40 inchers smack at topwater and a spoon retrieved at top speed this weekend on Kincaid. They were both way back in the coves in super shallow water. Most reports had them moving deeper already. Have you fished Kinkaid before. Even if not what presentation would you suggest?

spinnerbait
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Musky fishing Pomme

Post by spinnerbait » May 7th, 2004, 1:24 am

I have fish several tournament at Kinkead and when the fish are in shallow water a 1 oz or 1 1/2 ounce white spinnerbait works well. There are a lot of crankbaits that work well close to the surface but the one they use the most a Kinkead is an S S Shad in a silver or shad color. The bait is a very shallow running lure with great wobble. I would throw some smaller bucktails or maybe even some bass jerkbaits, large luckycraft comes to mind. I caught a 45 incher on a magic maker last fall. Great bait if you have never used it before.