Ruth`s Chris Steak House

Post a review of your favorite scarfin establishment
Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Ruth`s Chris Steak House

Post by Outdoorsfool » April 18th, 2007, 10:51 am

It is not a difficult concept MoCraig...even for an inbred like you. Image
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Showme
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Showme » May 23rd, 2007, 11:47 pm

Let me chime in here because I have never been able to speak of Ruth's Chris up until three weeks ago.

Let me start by saying I have ate at Plaza III twice, didn't like it too much - imagine that, me and Mo on opposite sides Image

I had to work a conference in Indy last month. One of my suppliers took a group of us out to Ruth's Chris. I had heard things, but had never been. We had a private room and were treated like gold. They started us out with Stuffed Mushrooms, Cajun flambeued (sp) shrimp and three cheese garlic bread with chunks of garlic on them. They were great.

Ordered our steaks, I got an 18 ounce KC Strip. When we were ordering, the waitress told us not to worry about seafood as they were bringing in 3 four pound lobster tails to go with the steak as well as 5 pounds of King Crab. They peeled it all out in front of us and passed the plate around with it all cut up on to ad to our plates.

They served side dishes family style with garlic mashed potatoes, seasoned fried potatoes, twice baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, grilled tomatoe steaks, asparagus and wild rice.

I have ate at my fair share of restaurants, and I won't hesitate to say that was the finest meal I have ever had from a restaurant in my life. Everything from the service, to the product to the ambiance was top notch.

Take into consideration, I was spending someone elses corporate money that night, so funding wasn't an issue - but it was good no matter who paid for it.

As for KC area BBQ - LC's is where it is happening, once again in my opinion.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » May 24th, 2007, 2:27 pm

LadyAngler said:
I have darkened the door at the Short Street a time or two in my life. Did I have the steak? I don't recall. Image

What were you doing in Montrose?

I go through Montrose quite a bit; I am building only about 15-20 minutes away from there and I like their Saturday night steak and prime rib specials.

Dabs, I've been eating on the company dime myself; our "big wigs" take us out for $1000 meals sometimes so they can feel important. Personally I get annoyed when it takes the waitress 5 minutes to describe the food with a bunch of flowery adjectives, they care more about the artistic arrangement of the food instead of the portion size, and they look at me funny when I order a beer.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » May 24th, 2007, 3:16 pm

Dab's,

The fact that you were in the private room point to an upgraded level of service to begin with. I never stated that the service was anything less than perfect. In fact, as far as service goes, there aren't many that can compare. I merely stated that I thought the steak was not worth the money spent, IMO. The steaks I cook at home are better, and alot more affordable. Now my wife aint gonna serve me like they do there, but she don't charge me either.

One thing they do there, that I have not been able to duplicate yet is their "Sweet Potatoe Cassarole". That stuff is awesome. The ony issue is that it's like a billion degrees hot when it come out.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

CuppedAndCommitted
2018 Member of the Year

Post by CuppedAndCommitted » May 25th, 2007, 4:08 pm

I'm sure Dab's will "bag" you.
McLintock, great party, but no whiskey. We go home.

Showme
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Showme » May 25th, 2007, 7:09 pm

C&C -

MoCraig doesn't get good responses from me because he gets his vagina hurt everytime. He likes to pound his chest and be the king of his own mind, but when bitach slapped, he cries foul everytime.

He is on the "protected" list, so to speak.

dab

Showme
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Showme » May 26th, 2007, 7:45 pm

MOCraig said:

Somtimes I forget how high-class some of you are. LMAO

Oh, hey, Dabs, try and remember to bag my lawn today. You left clumps by the back fence last week.

Actually, since you asked so nicely, Mocraig - I was gonna say that it isn't your lawn I bag while I am there, it is your wife. That is the reason you aint been able to ride the last few days. She is lettin it shrink back down to fit your needs.

And, again, since you asked, it wasn't the back of the fence I left clumps in, it was the back of her throat.

dabs "aka douchebag" Image

Showme
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Showme » February 23rd, 2008, 11:29 am

LC's is on Blue Parkway - 435 to Eastwood Trafficway, go West on Eastwood Trafficway to Blue Parkway and then turn right on Blue Parkway and it is about 1/2 mile down on the right hand side. Kine of a hole in the wall location, and it ia a good place to go to in the daylight - but you won't be disappointed.

By the way - the grass isn't growing in your yard, so I have just been trimming the bush for the last couple weeks. I hope it is manicured to your liking.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » February 25th, 2008, 10:58 am

Blue Parkway about .5 mile east of 435 on north side of the road. Bring the exact amount of cash needed and a glock. I prefer to call in my order so I don't have to wait for it there. Get the beans. Don't mind the bars on the windows.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » February 27th, 2008, 10:34 am

It is true black people bbq, so you know it's legit.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.