Rev. Wright...

Discussion about politicks
LadyAngler
<font color="#FF0000"><b>2008 Member of the YEAR</

Rev. Wright...

Post by LadyAngler » March 19th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Assuming you were looking at Obama as a prospect... would his pastor's views dissuade you?
Anything you can do, I can do better.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » March 19th, 2008, 2:11 pm

“[Barack] Obama says Rev. [Jeremiah] Wright is no longer among his campaign’s ‘spiritual advisers.’ Obama should not be asked which of Rev. Wright’s outrageous statements he disagrees with, but rather which ones he does agree with. That Obama remains a member in good standing of Trinity United Church of Christ indicates that he prefers the company of many people who have demonstrated that they believe what their pastor has said.” —Cal Thomas
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » March 19th, 2008, 2:12 pm

“Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community... Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.” —James Cone, whose words are cited on Rev. Wright’s church website
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » March 19th, 2008, 3:48 pm

That sumbeach Slo Bama shouldn't have hooked up with them in the first place.. Makes you kind of wonder about his judgement in real life situaitons instead of speaking ability speechifying from a stage.

LadyAngler
<font color="#FF0000"><b>2008 Member of the YEAR</

Post by LadyAngler » March 25th, 2008, 7:50 am

Like most men who have no father to speak of, they throughtout their lives, look for father figures. I believe this is the case here. I'm not impressed.
Anything you can do, I can do better.

Swamp_Fox
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Swamp_Fox » March 25th, 2008, 12:53 pm

The only thing about Image Obama that bothers me is his voting record.
Carrying a gun isn't about killing.
It's about staying alive.