Taneycomo

Information about trout fishing in Missouri
RB
Admin Team

Taneycomo

Post by RB » April 7th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Had a good trip to Taney despite the wind and rain. Caught some very nice rainbows throwing white jigs from the cable down to KOA. Went up there with Phil on Thursday and hammered them pretty good before the storms. DE how did it go at Montauk?

Disgruntled Elf
2018 Member of the Year

RB Kiss my ars

Post by Disgruntled Elf » April 7th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Montauk was the chit. Went there over the weekend with my oldest boy and DMR. Lots of great weather, cold beer, and great food. The fishing was pretty fair as well. We never went down for opening bell, but still had no problem catching fish. Hillbilly surf and turf is awesome. The only issue we had all weekend was the people next door that said we was too loud. That old bat at Reed's cabin gave us some grief. Probably won't be back there.
That fat bastard in the red suit is a tyrant.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » April 8th, 2008, 7:23 am

DE, no big deal I'se been kicked out of better dumps than Reed's. Sounds like a good time was had by all. The the duck man make some smoked trout spread?

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 8th, 2008, 5:29 pm

There wasn't the means,or the time for trout dip, RB.

On the other hand, the Hillbilly Surf-n-Turf was about 20 fried filets, and some grilled backstrap from a button buck. Along with some fried taters, and some slaw, we was livin' pretty good. 8)

Elfin one,

Thanks again for the invite, and the hospitality. Tell Austin that I was honored to be invited back next year. With a little planning, we may have to raise the bar for next year's vittles. That ain't gonna be easy.

This was only the second time I'd set foot in a trout park. Ya know, it's kinda ironic. This board turned out to be a great training ground for fishing among crowds. I knew to ignore the goofs, and enjoy the decent folk. I had a great time. :lol:

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » April 9th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Who you callin' decent folk?
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » April 9th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Dave,

In your case, you get to categorize yourself. :wink:
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

Disgruntled Elf
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Disgruntled Elf » April 9th, 2008, 10:51 pm

DMR - Sittin' here with Austin. He enjoyed the piss out of the weekend. I'm sure if we really put our mind to it we can outdo the vitals next year. To quote the doctor "You are spot on" regarding the other idiots. Next go around won't be at Reed's. We officially decide that they can kiss my elfin azz. If we stay in the park we only have "Ranger Rick" to deal with, but judgin' by the number of times we seen his dang truck at Reed's, he won't be that big of a dealio.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » April 10th, 2008, 7:24 am

Elfie and DMR, that sounds like a great trip. If you check now you might be able to get a cabin in the park for next year. The ones i have stayed in there are like a Hyatt compared to Reed's.

fish
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fish » April 10th, 2008, 4:35 pm

RB - Good thing you went when you went. Lilley's website sez he mite have water all the way up to the pavillion for awhile :shock: :shock: :shock:

He's pulling his boats out and they are evacuating homes in the lower areas. Heard a report that the Branson Landing will have water in it.

10+' high

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » April 11th, 2008, 1:14 pm

Fish, no one down here knows exactly what to expect since it has never happened before. Beaver is completely full and all flood gates are open, Table Rock is pretty much full and all flood gates open which leads to Taneycomo possibly getting to the 8 to 10 foot level. I dont know how many of you are familiar with Scotty's boat dock which must have been moved uplake some time ago, broke loose and started floating toward the old bridge that connects Hollister and Branson. The last I heard was it caught hold to something evidentally near the bank and nearly hit the bridge but didnt quite. They had stopped traffic across the bridge for traffic. I havent heard the latest but i assume everything is okay now.

The have evacuated a number of people, beginning a couple of nights ago. The water at the Landing is up along the lower road east of it, and the place where they have the fire program is completely under water. I am not sure how many of the stores are open, but I was talking to a friend of mine who is head of maintenance at Bass Pro yesterday, and he said he had spent all day long yesterday running new cable and attached it to 2 large dump trucks loaded with a lot of boulders hoping it would hold.

Now I have to stop since I have typed so much my fingers are hurting.....That is all.
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » April 11th, 2008, 1:17 pm

ky3.com has some pretty good pics of the landing area.

fish
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fish » April 11th, 2008, 1:44 pm

X-2

Take alook at the pics Lilley posted up...

http://ozarkanglers.com/forums/index.ph ... 10871&st=0

:shock:

Disgruntled Elf
2018 Member of the Year

Holy Crap!!!!!

Post by Disgruntled Elf » April 12th, 2008, 9:50 pm

X-2,

Came down to the Branson/Rock area late yesterday. Got up early this morning and went to see the dam. :shock: Holy Crap!!!!!! :shock: That there is a ton of freakin' water coming out of there. I ain't never seen all 10 gates flowin' before. Outflow is 314,000 gallons per second. I heard they're gonna change the name of Rockaway Beach to Atlantis.

I snapped a bunch of pic's and I'll post 'em when I get back, and have a minute to figure it out how again.

BTW, Taney looked more like the Colorado River.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » April 13th, 2008, 6:20 pm

They dropped Table Rock by 1 foot overnight.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » April 14th, 2008, 5:53 pm

Here's a link to the branson Daily News Story on the releases- it has a picture with all 10 tainter gates open.

http://www.bransondailynews.com/story.php?storyID=7111

Here is a video of it on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s-M1WIDih5Q&feature=related
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"