I Don't Suppose..............................

Hosted by our own Duck Me Runnin, resident killer and cooker of everything and anything with fur, feathers or fins. This forum is for all our crazy, drinkin and fun lovin ducker buddies.
Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

I Don't Suppose..............................

Post by Duck Me Runnin » July 14th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Any of the multitute of waterfowlers on this site were at the blind drawing this past Sat. ?

Our crew got lucky and dfrew a pretty good blind site in the Winfield pool.

It's only a 40 min. drive from the house, and we have access to a private poat ramp that's only 1/4 mi from the blind. 8)

Now, if the river will just go down, we can get out there and start building.
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

RB
Admin Team

Re: I Don't Suppose..............................

Post by RB » July 14th, 2008, 3:30 pm

Duck Me Runnin wrote:Any of the multitute of waterfowlers on this site were at the blind drawing this past Sat. ?

Our crew got lucky and dfrew a pretty good blind site in the Winfield pool.

It's only a 40 min. drive from the house, and we have access to a private poat ramp that's only 1/4 mi from the blind. 8)
DMR, when did you get a poat? New or used?

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » July 14th, 2008, 5:29 pm

I guess about 1982. You got a broblem with that ?

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » July 15th, 2008, 12:42 am

I thought a poat was a baby turkey.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » July 15th, 2008, 7:24 am

Duck Me Runnin wrote:I guess about 1982. You got a broblem with that ?
Nofe, just curiazz

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » July 15th, 2008, 9:00 am

So you draw for the location and have to build the blind? Is this a MDC draw? Do you have to take it down after the season? Why are duck hunters so wierd?
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » July 15th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Dave,

If you draw a site, it's yours for two seasons. There are up to four names assigned to that blind. If any of the four registrants are in the blind by 6:00 a.m. it is considered occupied.

If not, the blind can be hunted by any knuckledragger that can boat, wade, swim, or have his/her dog tow them there. Because of this, each blind id inspected by the dreaded MDC, to their size, safety, and camouflage specifications.

It's the biggest river in the continent, it can get a bit violent out there. I doubt that many blinds survived this year's flooding.
You draw a site and there's no blind, build one, or forfeit the spot.

You goofy assed archery hunters are willing to willing to climb up a tree and spend days, if not weeks acting like a treed coon. And you 're calling US weird ? Gimme a break !

I will also have it noted that this duck hunter can spell the word " weird ". ( That was for you, ModisappearingfuckingCraig )

Swamp_Fox
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Swamp_Fox » July 16th, 2008, 12:53 am

I might have ta make book on this one.
Carrying a gun isn't about killing.
It's about staying alive.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » July 16th, 2008, 7:36 am

That DMR fella is a man of letters fo sho. Don't let him fool you about goat hunting. He goes...........goating for groceries.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » July 16th, 2008, 10:16 am

You don't have to brag on his education, I don't find it polight.

Is it a big deal to have others hunting a blind? If I was to find someone in a deer blind or stand of mine, I would flip out and throw chit at them like a caged monkey.

If it's not a big deal for duck hunting though, I might just piss on their truck door handle, or something pretty common like that.

Are you planning on building one of those monster blinds that are 20' long and capable of holding 12 hunters at a time? I hunted in one like that once, but for some reason I was sitting at the far end and the regular duck hunters sat at the othher end. I wasn't sure what was typical or expected for proximity to the other guys with so much room in there.

I probably did it wrong. I think they did it wrong too from the sounds I heard, but it was still pretty dark so I'm just guessing there.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » July 16th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Duck Me Runnin wrote:Dave,

If not, the blind can be hunted by any knuckledragger that can boat, wade, swim, or have his/her dog tow them there. Because of this, each blind id inspected by the dreaded MDC, to their size, safety, and camouflage specifications.

It's the biggest river in the continent, it can get a bit violent out there. I doubt that many blinds survived this year's flooding.
You draw a site and there's no blind, build one, or forfeit the spot.
Out of curiousity, are you allowed to construct a floating blind (like a pontoon blind) that can be towed out of harm's way during flooding? If not, why?
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » July 16th, 2008, 3:52 pm

TH,

Nope. Why ? Because the possum cops say so. I'm sure they'd cite some type of safety concern (s)

Dave,

It's public ground, you're not exactly left with a choice. Like I said, the MDC makes the rules, and they aren't required to be " polight " :lol:

The blind will be on the downstream end of an island, and there's little or no vegetation nearby.( channel on one side, slough on the other ) Therefore, we will need the oppurtunity to shoot 360 degrees. That means the roof will be low enough for an adult to shoot over the back of the blind. It won't exactly be the lap of luxury.

MOCraig,

I DID finish the 5th grade, dammit ! In addition, I paid attention during ALL FIVE YEARS !! That should be enough to explain my passable knowledge of the English language, and my limited, but adequate vocabulary.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » July 16th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Duck Me Runnin wrote: I DID finish the 5th grade, dammit ! In addition, I paid attention during ALL FIVE YEARS !!
You were in 5th grade for five years?
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson