No Stoppin' Now ....................

Hosted by our own Duck Me Runnin, resident killer and cooker of everything and anything with fur, feathers or fins. This forum is for all our crazy, drinkin and fun lovin ducker buddies.
Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

No Stoppin' Now ....................

Post by Duck Me Runnin » August 11th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Well, we finally got out to the blind on Sun. Four cussin' shovelers, and 2 1/2 hours later, the mud was back on the river bed. What a damn mess.

At least there weren't a buncha dead fish buried in the mud. :biggrin:

We did have a big head carp jump in and hit the dude driving the boat............. right in the mouth ! He was spitting and trying to stomp it's head at the same time. Funniest damn thing I've seen in a while. :rotfl:

Some new 90 # roll roofing, a little touch-up paint, about 16 boat loads of brush, and this blind will be at it's palatial best. thumb2:
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Re: No Stoppin' Now ....................

Post by Warmouth » August 12th, 2008, 8:10 am

Good luck withh it. From the sounds of it, I'm surprised it didnn't get washed down river when it was running high.

I was in St Louis on the 2nd, and I'm actually surprised it was out of the water. It looked like all of the rivers were still way up.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » August 12th, 2008, 9:34 am

Hey DMR-

Why don't you guys just use a trash pump to hose out the blind? It seems like that is a lot less work than mucking out the blind by hand.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

Swamp_Fox
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Swamp_Fox » August 12th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Don't ya just love good advice a week late?
Carrying a gun isn't about killing.
It's about staying alive.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » August 12th, 2008, 3:02 pm

It really wouldn't have mattered.

The mud avaeraged about 10 " deep. There's only one door. It leads from the boat hide, to the interior space. The shooting area(s) are L-shaped, therefore, so is the interior space.

The shooting areas are surrounded by walls that are about 4.5 feet tall, and the interior is obviously under roof. It ain't like you can just wash chit over the sides. :no:

It's also not like you can drive a truck up there and have at it. It's1 1/2 mi. by boat. ( we know a dude that owns a private ramp that's closer, but nobody really likes him , and therefore we don't wan't to ask permission )

We may bring a generator and pump in next weekend, for a final cleaning. Problem is, that chit takes up space in a boat, and we gots lotsa chit to haul out there. :yes:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's a labor of love. :jmplgh:

Dave,

It's been a week by week thing. Like I said, we're slated to go back out next Sun., but I ain't making any predictions. :banghead:
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

Swamp_Fox
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Swamp_Fox » August 12th, 2008, 4:25 pm

A self contained trash pump would fill a chunk of your cargo space.
Carrying a gun isn't about killing.
It's about staying alive.

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » August 13th, 2008, 11:07 am

Duck Me Runnin wrote: we know a dude that owns a private ramp that's closer, but nobody really likes him , and therefore we don't wan't to ask permission
So you don't wanna use my ramp, huh? Nigga, I see how it is. :jmplgh:

Sounds like once it gets cleaned up it'll be a nice blind. Good luck with it, and I hope you guys kill assloads of duck out of it!!
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » August 13th, 2008, 11:46 am

Swamp_Fox wrote:A self contained trash pump would fill a chunk of your cargo space.
I have a 1.5" discharge trash pump, and it is not much bigger than one of those Coleman portable 1500 watt generators. While the discharge hose rolls up and is the size of a cereal box, the suction hose is rigid and does take up more space. However I can still fit all of that into the trunk of my Honda Accord so it isn't too bulky.

I use one to clean off the caked mud on bluffs I use on my property for fishing and swimming after the river floods- works pretty good. :yes:
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"