trolling motor batteries

Catch-all for all other types of fishing...
Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Re: trolling motor batteries

Post by Wolfman » May 24th, 2004, 1:34 am

Thought you was going to get one of them new battery box's gary. The one with the external hookups and battery tester built in plus the DC plugin. Clare found a coffee pot that was from an RV that has a DC plug. Now i can have coffee in the middle of the night in the boat while cat fishing...lol

fishnxs
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishnxs » May 24th, 2004, 9:53 am

Well my intent was to move one of the old t/m batteries over to where the oiler used to be. Just to have to plug all those have to have extras into. But if I can get by with the old batteries a while longer will do it.

The old Ford has to have some new rubber and the fifth wheel hitch and brake hook up that I want is going to run around $6oo so as usual pinching penny's again.

I've already got one of those coffee pots. Kids got it for me one year. Still in the box. Easier to just bring the coffee with me, ready to sip.

Still haven't figured out where to put those rod holders at. The bases are too big that came with them. In the back won't be any problem but in the front I'm thinking they're going to be "tripper overs" and I don't need any help stumbling around especially in the dark.

Wonder if Ed, Edd and Eddy caught any fish down on TR last nite? Image

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » May 24th, 2004, 10:21 am

Gary...your boat has rails on it, doesn't it? I put two rod holders on each side for trolling, mounted on the hand rail.
They will work fine for catfishing, too. Will show you the setup next time I see ya. WalMart usually has the rail mounts on sale at the clearance counter, and the rodholder itself runs around twelve bucks. BPS carries the same system. BB has the in-deck stainless tubes installed, but they look like they would let a lot of water (rain) in under the deck in a frog strangler. Then again, it goes under anyway from the floor drains. Anyway, the rod holder on my system is completely removeable from the rail mount and is not in the way when not in use. I forget the brand name, but it's the same folks who make the bilge pumps that Wallyworld sells.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

fishnxs
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishnxs » May 24th, 2004, 1:35 pm

The rails on the old Pro are only about 16" long or there bouts. They are located at the main seats and next to the steering wheel. Would be really unhandy to have holders mounted to. The rod holders I bought came with some super heavy duty mounts, 2" x 2" x 1/2". I need to dig around down in the shed and look and see if I don't have some alum. angle left somewhere. I thought about trying to mount them under the deck and drill a hole down into it. Then plug the hole when not in use. Don't know if could keep the holder threaded tight to the base that way or not. Atleast it would all be out of the way. I can trip over a split shot so try to keep stuff cleared out of the way.

Hey did you all go fishing last nite??

Are we to have a run on mudbugs????? Image