Mizzou Looked Dominant Last Night

Discussion about sports
Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Mizzou Looked Dominant Last Night

Post by Tigerhaze » February 26th, 2009, 1:33 pm

I still can't believe Mizzou is ranked #8/#11 nationally, and how they were able to manhandle the Wildcats.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb ... 09aaa.html

I don't think they are quite as good as their rankings indicate, but do feel they are a Top 25 team. I will be more convinced if they can make a good showing at Lawrence on Sunday or beat Oklahoma at home on Wednesday.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Mizzou Looked Dominant Last Night

Post by Triton X2 » February 27th, 2009, 9:09 am

I would have to agree Tiger....Not sure they should be included in the top 10 or not, but they must have played awfully well against KSU. What made me upset was they were not on ESPN or 2, but on one we dont get, I believe ESPN U
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » February 27th, 2009, 10:24 am

Yes Triton, it was on ESPN U. Fortunately for me, I get the sports package for DirecTV which includes ESPN U.

DirecTV doesn't block Mizzou games on ESPN U but they do block them when on Fox Sports Midwest since I have a KC zip code (unless I get the extra Full Court package). I pay extra for DirecTV's sports package (different than the Full Court package), which allows me to get FSMW unless a game is on (I only get the pre and post-game shows). That ticks me off.

However I am able to see Blues hockey on FSMW so I guess I can't complain too much.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » March 2nd, 2009, 11:42 am

Like I said, they arent the eighth ranked team in the us.....Man that was a pasting
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » March 2nd, 2009, 12:10 pm

I agree- they got killed in a hurry. I was hoping that they would be able to foul out some Jayhawks and climb back in it in the 2nd half. However I knew that unlike in Columbia, getting out of that kind of deficit is almost impossible at Allen Fieldhouse.

I was somewhat encouraged that they were more or less able to maintain the point difference in the second half, but they will get killed in the tournament (or even by OU this Wed) if they always try to play from behind.

They were projected as a #3 seed in the NCAA tournament- I have to imagine that they have lost that now unless they beat OU or have a really good showing in the Big 12 tournament.