Tigers Maul Memphis

Discussion about sports
Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Tigers Maul Memphis

Post by Tigerhaze » March 27th, 2009, 3:52 pm

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb ... 09aaa.html

How about that 3/4 court shot at the half from Denman? He must have been pissed that the refs disallowed the previous 3 :yes:

I really thought that the Mizzou Tigers would have a tougher time against Memphis than they did and would have to fight from behind rather than protecting a big lead. I thought the shotting was generally excellent and the passing usually crrisp. The unselfish play of this year's squad is refreshing.

The only criticism I had was Memphis's dribble penetration. Why didn't the Tigers take a charge and stop it? I know a few of them had foul trouble but it seems someone could have stood up. They are going to be in trouble if the do that again- their superior shooting is what saved them last night as I never thought they would break the century mark against Memphis, nor that the combined score would be approx 200 points!

UConn is going to be a much tougher task; however I see a way for Mizzou to win. UConn had a tough time against Purdue's run and gun game (when they did it), so if Mizzou plays their normal gameplan they should be able to wear UConn out towards the end, especially their 7'3" big man Hasheem Thebeet. He looked pretty slow against Purdue at times.

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb ... ntral.html
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Tigers Maul Memphis

Post by hunting170 » March 27th, 2009, 6:18 pm

After watching the Mizzou/Memphis slugfest, highlights of the other games seemed like everyone was moving in slow motion.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.