I Hope I'm Wrong ......................

Hosted by our own Duck Me Runnin, resident killer and cooker of everything and anything with fur, feathers or fins. This forum is for all our crazy, drinkin and fun lovin ducker buddies.
Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

I Hope I'm Wrong ......................

Post by Duck Me Runnin » August 29th, 2009, 12:24 pm

But, I believe that a shitload of the teal that pass this way will be in Texas or Louisiana by the time our season opens. It's supposed to be in the 30's in the northern plains tonight.

This front needed to arrive on the eleventh of next month. :cry:
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Re: I Hope I'm Wrong ......................

Post by Warmouth » August 31st, 2009, 8:31 am

I'm thinking it's going to be and epic, near ice age winter. Chit is happening 4-6 weeks early around here.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » August 31st, 2009, 3:39 pm

The long tern forecast bozos are predicting a mild winter. They keep mentioning el nino.

I'm with you, I just can't picture a mild winter. It was 47 degrees yesterday morning at the squirrel woods. :yes:
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » September 8th, 2009, 1:48 pm

WTF is a "long tern"? I've heard of Least Tern, but never a Long Tern. :no:

Farmer's Almanac is calling for a hard winter for the midwest.

Farmers' Almanac predicts numbing cold this winter

Published: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:10 PM CDT

LEWISTON, Maine (AP) - Americans, you might want to check on their sweaters and shovels - the Farmers' Almanac is predicting a cold winter for many of you.

The venerable almanac's 2010 edition, which goes on sale Tuesday, says numbing cold will predominate in the country's midsection, from the Rocky Mountains in the West to the Appalachians in the East.

Managing Editor Sandi Duncan says it's going to be an “ice cold sandwich.”

“We feel the middle part of the country's really going to be cold - very, very cold, very, very frigid, with a lot of snow,” she said. “On the East and West coasts, it's going to be a little milder. Not to say it's going to be a mild short winter, but it'll be milder compared to the middle of the country.”

The almanac, which has been published since 1818, issues annual forecasts using a formula based on sunspots, planetary positions and the effects of the moon.

This winter, the publication says it'll be cool and snowy in the Northeast, bitterly cold and dry in the Great Lakes states, and cold and snowy in the North Central states.

The Northwest will be cool with average precipitation, the Southwest will be mild and dry, the South Central states will be cold and wet, and the Southeast will be mild and dry.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » September 8th, 2009, 2:03 pm

ODF, what area are we considered? North Central or South Central or both depending on what part of the state you are in?

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » September 8th, 2009, 2:39 pm

"We feel the middle part of the country's really going to be cold - very, very cold, very, very frigid, with a lot of snow,”

Not sure what region we fall in, I was just going by this statement.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » September 8th, 2009, 3:45 pm

I'll be working in California all winter anyway just like last winter. It was 70 almost every day and seeing chicks in shorts in January was quite a treat.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » September 9th, 2009, 8:03 am

Be sure to post up plenty of pics so we can see how rough you have it! :)

BTW, if you need someone to tend to the brandy over the winter..... :D

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » September 9th, 2009, 9:13 am

I've already pre-bought propane, and got a jump on cutting firewood. Me no likey the cold. :no:
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » September 9th, 2009, 12:17 pm

dave, you going to hunt this year or cut wood and bitch about it....???????????????????????????????// :flippa:
That's funny you don't look Druish.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » September 9th, 2009, 12:38 pm

Outdoorsfool wrote:Be sure to post up plenty of pics so we can see how rough you have it! :)

BTW, if you need someone to tend to the brandy over the winter..... :D
ODF, I have somebody to tend it no problem.........what I need is a brandy security service to protect it. gallon one has been process and 2, 3 and 4 are in the brew phase.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » September 9th, 2009, 12:51 pm

Triton X2 wrote:dave, you going to hunt this year or cut wood and bitch about it....???????????????????????????????// :flippa:
I haven't decided yet, but I have gotten a jump on the wood cutting compared to last year. I didn't even have the woodstove in by this time last year, but it was also close to 90 degrees at this time in '08.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » September 9th, 2009, 1:59 pm

Cut me some wood too, will ya. I haven't even started THINKING about it yet! :nutz:

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » September 9th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Outdoorsfool wrote:Cut me some wood too, will ya. I haven't even started THINKING about it yet! :nutz:
I need some wood too Dave. ODF, she burns through wood at three times the rate she burns through brandy. Nothing worse than a happy firebug.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » September 9th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Don't you mean DRUNK firebug. If she's got firewater, she don't be needing that firewood. Damn wimmen never can get it right! :banghead: