Skeerils

Information about hunting small game in Missouri
Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Skeerils

Post by Triton X2 » November 4th, 2009, 9:47 am

I am being run over by an infestation of tree rats. My neighbor bought a Gamo air rifle a couple of months ago and I have borrowed it. I am going to go sit out on the deck and shoot some of those little toothy critters.

Oh by the way, the Gamo, if you get the right one are pretty sweet. Never thought I would see a 180 dollar BB gun though. :flippa:
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Re: Skeerils

Post by Rafe Hollister » November 4th, 2009, 9:49 am

I get to use a Gamo for work. The one I have can whack a pigeon from 200 feet with deadly accuracy. It's a beast.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » November 4th, 2009, 8:22 pm

:rotflmao: Get 'em Craig, this should be in the small game forum no?

BTW, I saw a flying squirrel Sunday morning, that was a first for me.
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » November 5th, 2009, 9:41 am

How many here have plunked a squirrel with a bow, from a stand while deer hunting? On another forum I'm on they all brag about shooting squacks with b-heads. It's a waste of a b-head and effort imo, but I still almost tried it yesterday.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » November 5th, 2009, 10:31 am

I usually keep an old arrow with a Judo point on it for such an occasion. I ain't wasting $16 on a friggin' "skeeril". Monday I could've whacked a possum and an armadillo within an hour of each other but didn't have the Judo arrow with me. Not sure it would do anything to the armadillo, anyway.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » November 5th, 2009, 10:42 am

It might stun it enough that you could follow up with a chunk of hickroy to his head/shoulder area.

Those nasty things are getting thick around Clinton.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » November 5th, 2009, 12:56 pm

Warmouth wrote:How many here have plunked a squirrel with a bow, from a stand while deer hunting? On another forum I'm on they all brag about shooting squacks with b-heads. It's a waste of a b-head and effort imo, but I still almost tried it yesterday.
WM, you're such a goof...........no wonder you can't kill any deer. That other forum must be a bad influence on you.

Limbshot
2016 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by Limbshot » November 5th, 2009, 1:03 pm

I have plunked 6 squirrels form stand, but only when I am getting ready to leave the stand. Like Rafe, I usually keep a squirrel arrow in my quiver just in case. I plunked one Sunday morning after the bow whacked his back matter of fact!
Proud staffer for Bust-a-Buck scent products and U-Slide Bow Holder.
http://www.bustabuckdeerlure.com/
http://u-slide.com/