Beer Preservation During Floats

Tents, backpacks, lanters, stoves, etc.
Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Beer Preservation During Floats

Post by Tigerhaze » July 14th, 2004, 7:34 pm

Now you're talking....I can remember many times getting a 40 or two of either Colt 45, Old English 800, or Shlitz Bull Malt Liquor. Very cheap drunk.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » July 14th, 2004, 8:04 pm

We used to down a coupla 40s before goin to the bars. Didn't hafta spend as much at the well that way.
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

JBMan
2018 Member of the Year

Post by JBMan » July 19th, 2004, 1:24 am

nuthin like an ole 8-ball. you can't go wrong for 1.85 for a 40, and thats with tax! I try to mix it up, malt liquor one night, natural ice another, MGD on non stressfull afternoon, Michelob if i hit a good lotto ticket, Budweiser on payday, and stag when i'm tryin to buy a gun... i just don't understand them winno's... oh well more beer for me

here's an idea, get a big ole tire tube, and fit the iced down keg in the middle, blow it up till shes snug around the booze, then lash it to the canoe!
Ain't gonna break, ain't gonna bend, we're just carryin on!

cook
2018 Member of the Year

Post by cook » July 19th, 2004, 6:58 am

Gawd.a friend and I had tickets to a preseason Dolphin game in the early '80s.For reasons unclear to this day,we each got a pint of MD 20/20 to tailgate wiff.Remember,preseason,august,top deck,bout 100 degrees out.We were 2 sick puppies!!

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » July 19th, 2004, 8:30 am

MD 20/20 was my 1st drunk.. Got a bottle when I was 13 or 14, and being the investigative individual that I was back then: I did an experiment, 'it started drink by drink... Every so often I'd write a sentence and walk around the room, so I could see for myself the phases of liquor impairment.

Somewhere I lost track of everything, woke up on the edge of my bed with purple puke everywhere.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

Daffy
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Daffy » April 8th, 2005, 12:49 pm

That there is a funny and almost true story on my part too BornBad.

Awww yes the powers of youth and alochol experienmenting!
Image Image
NIGORNOMUS is Here!

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » April 23rd, 2005, 1:37 pm

The carbonation in beer is natural, from the yeast. I seriously doubt you could artificialy restore the carbonation. The CO2 tanks are to drive the beer out of the keg, at the same time being compatible with the beer. I suspect your choice is to find the best canned beer.
While I feel for you TH, the law is way overdue.
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:55 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 1st, 2006, 8:18 am

adamfigge
2018 Member of the Year

Post by adamfigge » March 18th, 2007, 10:54 pm

I would suggest heading for the mountains....ice cold busch or busch light is good from the can, bud light, and michelob used to come in cans, not sure about it anymore.

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » March 24th, 2008, 5:23 pm

Implying that Busch Light is beer, is about the same as implying that the U.S. government owns Federal Express. It may be a beverage, but it sure as hell ain't beer. : notevenclosesmilie :

I know that Bud light is a popular beer, but I'll never understand it. If I tossed two cig butts into the last drink of a can of Bud, it would taste better the next morning that the last drink of a cold Bud Light.

For the record, when ever someone leaves either brand in my cooler. I feed it to the slugs on my driveway. They don't seem to know any better. By the next morning, they have the same look on their face as I do when I try to drink one. The only diffrence is, I've so far lived through it.