Catfish Patterns Right Now

Information about catfish fishing in Missouri
JHawkWX
2018 Member of the Year

Catfish Patterns Right Now

Post by JHawkWX » July 13th, 2004, 11:19 pm

Hey folks, was hoping Wolfie or any of you other whisker grabbers could provide me w/ some pattern info for Stockton lake right now. Finally getting my first chance to get out and would like to try out my new Ambassadeur/Ugly Stik cat combo on some cats. Thanks.

cook
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Catfish Patterns Right Now

Post by cook » July 14th, 2004, 12:16 am

Not sure about stockton,but flathead are still spawning up here.Blues and channel seem to be feeding in 8-10 foot flats just off of main channel.Been doing o.k. in current w/shrimp.Mainly blues.
Good luck.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » July 14th, 2004, 1:38 am

Waterflow and depth is key. Right now the heat is going up and the waters warming. Look for the cats to be holding during the day deep then moveing onto the flats after dark. Last weekend on truman cats were active around 10-15 feet towards dark and were comeing in from even deeper water, they were real pale.
Streams/rivers running into areas with flats near deep water should produce well, especialy towards evening. Cut or live bait should be your best bet as the cats should be pushing the baitfish up into coves and following them into the streams/rivers (and slightly cooler water) of an evening.
Hit em early and late and nap during the heat of the day or fish really deep!.
Oh yeah, take a good sunscreen...lol

Tablerock
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tablerock » July 14th, 2004, 8:55 am

JHawkWX... Last weekend at Stockton, at the Missouri Walleye Assoc's summer tourney, many contestant's were catching cat's on their live bait rigs. Check out Powerdive's post over in walleye catagory, last post on page ONE of the MWAA story....
Wolfman..!! Good to see you are still kickin"..... Image
Fish Amongst 'Em

JHawkWX
2018 Member of the Year

Post by JHawkWX » July 14th, 2004, 8:59 am

Thanks Guys, this gives me sumptin' to work with. Hopefully, I can net me some shad with the throw net. Otherwise I'll have to buy some cut shad sides. Image

Wolfie, you had any good cat outings thus far?

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » July 14th, 2004, 4:04 pm

Safetybass and i did a lil prefishing on truman last weekend. About as much looking as fishing, but we ended up with 8 from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 that evening in about 2 hours. Think we may go back up again this sat. I have'nt had a lot of fishing time this summer, been maybe 4 times and still have'nt got my boat in the water. I have limited out on cats from 2-5 pounds when i have went though.
Real lifes been a pain again this summer, cuts into my fishing time.

Tablerock, you got my e-mail addy bonehead, you can always write...lol

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » July 19th, 2004, 12:59 pm

Shad Image

Perch Image
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:31 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear