Fillet Knife

Rods, Reels, lures, line, etc.
BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Fillet Knife

Post by BornBad » July 19th, 2004, 12:02 pm

I found another use for them:

I got back from the kiddy pools Sunday and after cleaning the mornings catch, I started stripping paint of the walls in my daughter's bedroom. (like a 50 or 60 year old house)

Was not long until I realized the $30 worth of scrapers, sandpaper, etc.. I bought, sucked at doing the job... Being lazy sort that I am, I wanted an easier way.

Then it hit me, try the fillet knife! ... I tell you what, it worked like a charm - was able to fillet off years of paint layers with ease. It worked far better than razor scrapers since it had the long flexible blade.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Re: Fillet Knife

Post by Rafe Hollister » July 19th, 2004, 3:30 pm

Hope you was wearing a dust mask. Scraping paint in a home built prior to 1978 will almost guarantee aerosolizing lead dust. Might want to give the rest of the room a good cleaning, too, and shampoo the carpet in her room.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

hobiecat
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hobiecat » July 19th, 2004, 3:37 pm

And watch yer fingers!
I was drunk the day my momma got outta prison.

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » July 19th, 2004, 4:57 pm

Done tore out the carpet, 'discovered the room originally had a hardwood floor.. stuck on weather or not to repair or cover that.

Ya, that lead worries me: hear tell it's safe to panel over it, but I also hear it's best to just remove it and get it out of there... I'll get out of there what I can before I start putting up panel.

Never thought I'd say it, but I am kinda excited about this honey-do project. New walls, new floor, making furniture for the room and using all the former man of the house's carpentry tools..

The sucky thing is it's an unexpected expense and interferes with me upgrading to a new bow.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

cook
2018 Member of the Year

Post by cook » July 20th, 2004, 8:15 am

BB-as a public service I refer you to the "Remodeling sux"post on the cafe

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » July 20th, 2004, 9:31 am

Went there, searched a few of the major forums but didn't see it Image

Duck Me Runnin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Duck Me Runnin » July 22nd, 2004, 1:22 pm

BB,it's on the duck board. Where else would you expect to find it ? Image
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ?

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » July 22nd, 2004, 3:44 pm

Thanks for that public service announcement.. :rotfl:

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:47 pm