Stockton Flathead

Information about catfish fishing in Missouri
fishnxs
2018 Member of the Year

Stockton Flathead

Post by fishnxs » October 3rd, 2004, 2:14 pm

Saw a flathead that was caught on rod n reel at Stockton last night. If it didn't go 50# it was close. No scales but got some pics when the film gets developed.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Stockton Flathead

Post by Wolfman » October 3rd, 2004, 4:02 pm

Where abouts was it caught up there gary?

fishnxs
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishnxs » October 4th, 2004, 9:51 am

Up by Aldrich Image

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » October 4th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Be some good eatting. Flats will be shutting down here before to long as the water cools. need to get back up to truman for some blues. Supposedly they have been biteing fairly well with some 30+ comeing in.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » October 4th, 2004, 3:19 pm

i missed my chance for trottlinin already?!?!?

the father inlaw and i had big plans to set lines this fall for some monster flats, just got too busy, like always.

anyone else hauling in big cats?

and they are good eating Wolfie, some of the best imo.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » October 5th, 2004, 2:02 am

I did'nt get to set no limb lines or trotlines either one. Did'nt hardly get to fish at all this summer really, kinda like last year.
I like em all dave, flats, channels, blues, even beer bellies. The blues out of truman were nice and white, real good taste to them. Like to go back a few more times and lay in a few hundred pounds for the winter....lol

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » October 5th, 2004, 12:45 pm

we did good in the spring, too good. after one weekend we pulled in the lines for the year. i've prolly put in 600+ crappies easy this year. its hunting season, and i'm still stuck on the fishin! i'm about through though, if i can talk the wife into giving it up for the year. it will take some effort too! lol
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » October 5th, 2004, 2:28 pm

Just hide her rods and lay the guns out in plain sight. Start muttering under your breath a lot and leaveing camo laying about on the furniture and cover scents on the kitchen table and she will take the hint....lol

Ive been after mom ever since last sept(2003) to let me remodel her bedroom floor(dry rot).

She finaly started to clean it out sunday when i sent the ex to help her and now i get to try and tear it out and redo it by thur night so i can hunt the urban season. Image Image

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » October 5th, 2004, 3:45 pm

lol! i'll work on it.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » October 6th, 2004, 1:36 am

Well after i got the floor out i found out ive got maybe an extra two days work to add onto it...as usual. Got to find the floor jacks tomorrow so i can replace a footing under a load bearing wall so i can put the floor joists back in. Plus i found where im going to have to redo the utility room floor to. Looks like urban season is going to be real short if not non-exsistant! Image Image Image Image

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » October 6th, 2004, 10:52 am

leave yourself a little time. i'm an the urban unit, but i'm going to stick with a bow this time. my luck would be to see the biggest 12 pt i've ever laid my eyes on if i take a gun and go for doe only. i'll use the bow and just hunt close.

get some time off Wolfie, deer hunting is good for the nerves Image Image

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » October 6th, 2004, 3:03 pm

Ive forgot where your at Dave, PM me. Im not to worried about seeing big bucks, thats just the way it works out. Bow season he wonders by 100 yards away. You wait and whack him opening morning of gun. Myself i want to lay a doe or two in early if i can so i can really relax and concentrate on big bucks during gun season.
Still trying to decide wheather to pistol hunt, ML or use my 270...lol

If i can get the footing replaced this evening i can start on the joists. Finsh that and get the sub flooring down tomorrow. Maybe hunt some fri and paint her ceiling and floorboards. Put the underlayment down sat and start on the tiles. Get the floorboards and trim back up maybe sunday if everything clicks(which it usualy dosent), move her bed back in and let HER move all her boxes ect back in herself. So maybe monday ill have all day to hunt either deer or turkeys...lol
Still got to find my floor jacks though.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » October 8th, 2004, 4:14 pm

With your carpentering ability and deer hunting ability you need more than a jack......Hey, has the liver and blood washed off your boat with this rain...Probably wouldnt recognize it......Hope you get everything done and get out...Hey did you ever get rid of the neighbors from last year and their stands etc? Image Image
That's funny you don't look Druish.

Wolfman
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Wolfman » October 9th, 2004, 3:39 pm

More then a jack??
Simple remodel has turned into a real nightmare. Dryrot everywhere. Settled foundation and floor. It's already taken two more days then i figured. Figure ill be done about the end of urban season...lol

I did'nt get to use the boat enough this summer triton to properly baptise the boat with blood, catfish, liver or otherwise...lol
Seen the neighbors had a feeder back up lately, expect the other before long. Have'nt got to look to see if they got the walnuts again either. Going to have to look the agent up and remind her to keep an eye on them again this year. better then she did last year. Somethings got to happen this year or im takeing care of the problem myself.

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » October 9th, 2004, 10:22 pm

I dont blame you for trying to get something done about em....
That's funny you don't look Druish.