lowrance GPS

Rods, Reels, lures, line, etc.
walleyetracker
2018 Member of the Year

lowrance GPS

Post by walleyetracker » January 25th, 2005, 11:11 am

just wondering if anyone on this site uses a GPS and what kind you perfer..I had a garmin gps-12 for years and really liked the unit and the way it worked,I just updated to a Lowrance h2O i-finder..haven't gotta a clue as to how it is going to work,the unit is suppose to be a good one.
"Tightlines and good fishing" WALLEYETRACKER

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Re: lowrance GPS

Post by coyotewhacker » January 25th, 2005, 12:01 pm

I use the Lowrance I-Finder Pro, basically for marking fishing spots on Stockton and Bull Shoals....the lakes are not big enough to get lost on where we fish, so waypoints are generally not an issue. It works well for that, and since I have the interface cable and mapping program, I can add more details and maps as I need. I would recommend replacing the low capacity MMC chip with a higher capacity memory if you intend to store additional info in your unit.
As I recall, you can get 64MB chips at Wal Mart for just a few bucks. My digital camera uses the same chip, so that is very convenient.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

fishin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishin » February 1st, 2005, 4:06 pm

I have the ifinder but have not used it a lot yet. I just bought a memory card for it a couple of days ago and am looking for the map software now.
"Now there's too many fools makin too many rules,
that's one thing you can't say about us."

Triton X2
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Triton X2 » February 1st, 2005, 4:57 pm

I have a friend who has the ifinder and he really likes it.
That's funny you don't look Druish.

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » February 22nd, 2005, 1:45 pm

Fishin...figure on shelling out some serious money ($120+) for the mapping software if you buy it retail. I got mine off Ebay complete with the reader, a chip, the CD software, and all the paperwork for a little over half that. That one chip will hold more maps than I can ever use, but it's nice to know that you can simply get additional chips to store more if the need ever arises.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:46 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear