trading fishing trips

Catch-all for all other types of fishing...
walleyetracker
2018 Member of the Year

trading fishing trips

Post by walleyetracker » January 28th, 2005, 3:56 pm

has anyone on this site traded fishing trips?I fish in Iowa and minnesota alot(mostly walleye fishing)and was wondering if anyone would be interested fishing Clear lake in Iowa or maybe red wing Minn.or pepin lake,lake city minn. and in exchance you pick a lake,river ete.. that you fish ..just wondering if anyone would be interested Image
"Tightlines and good fishing" WALLEYETRACKER

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Re: trading fishing trips

Post by coyotewhacker » January 28th, 2005, 9:30 pm

That has never come up on the board here as far as I remember, but it's always a possibility. Us country folk from the mountains don't often get that far from home, but when you get down this way, we can probably find a couple of guys to show you where the stumps and big rocks are.
Failing that, I can make you a copy of a heretofore lost map showing where all the good fishing holes on Stockton are to be found...complete with GPS coordinates. Courtesy of a neat mapping program called Topo-Log. I can't email the maps, but when you pass through, I can pass on a Stockton specific set of enhanced maps that may be of some help in figuring out where to start out. By the way, if I ever use the words "east", "west", "north" or "south" when describing some feature of Stockton, disregard every word of it. After five years of fishing it, I am still completely disoriented when on the water. I don't get lost, and I know where I am and how to get back to the ramp, but I would swear that sometimes the sun rises in the west, and sometimes in the north. That lake might even be the Bermuda Triangle of the midwest. Incidentally, let me/us know where you will be staying and it will be easier to make the aforementioned maps.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

walleyetracker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by walleyetracker » February 1st, 2005, 10:15 am

WOW< that would be great..I use my gps alot mostly for speed and marking fish that have been caught..great for when you are on a lake that your not familiar with...Thanks a bunch coyotewacker,and will let you know when we are locked into a date and place to stay

Roscoe Dog
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Roscoe Dog » February 1st, 2005, 1:11 pm

Walleyetracker I grew up about an hour away from Clear Lake Iowa and have been there many times. It is a very shallow lake in most places. I havent been there in quite a few years. Have you ever fished it before? I never did fish there but the parties were good. I just noticed that you are from Des Moines. I grew up in Webster City. I get down to Taneycomo a few times a year. I just bought a boat last fall so I will be getting out more often.
Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things.

walleyetracker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by walleyetracker » February 1st, 2005, 4:03 pm

ROSCOEDOG,I fish clear lake quite abit.I really like it in the spring and fall time..summertime on the lake sucks,lots of big boat with dipsticks at the wheel,lots of water lizards(jet ski) Best to be on and off the lake early in the summer..great walleye lake and we catch lots of yellow bass too.Have caught northern pike and seen a guy catch a big musky last year Image