Hey Mike

Information about hunting predators in Missouri
coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Hey Mike

Post by coyotewhacker » February 4th, 2005, 10:42 pm

I took that calling sequence CD out today for a field trial. Right now I'm so disgusted I could bite nails. I set up the caller using the CD player running into the JS tape player for the initial amplification, then ran that through a second small amp connected to the Johnny Stewart speaker. The sound was perfect....no outside sounds...only the calling sequence sounds, and boy, were they loud. I backed everything down a notch or two and called for half an hour without seeing anything. Packed it all up, got on the 4 wheeler and started back to the house when I saw a big yote that had been headed my way....grrrrrrr! I blew it by leaving the set too soon. I'm sure the coyote saw and heard me, but I set up in another spot and tried again for twenty minutes or so, but no luck. Given what happened today, I am convinced that the CD is going to be a good one. It seems like a long time between the sequences, but in the real world, a wounded or scared rabbit is not going to squall non-stop....they just don't have the lung capacity. Most tapes and bootleg CD's are non-stop screaming rabbit sound.
This one actually has some thought behind the amount of calling and the amount of silence.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue