Need Help

Information about panfish fishing in Missouri
iowaclayshooter
2018 Member of the Year

Need Help

Post by iowaclayshooter » February 18th, 2005, 4:47 pm

Gentlemen,

I have a friend that is in his mid thirtys and has lung cancer, he has under gone most all of his chemotherpy and has a break until his daily radiation treatments start. He would like to go fishing, but in his worn down condition he can't be outside any length of time. Do any of you know of a enclosed fishing(crappie) dock on LOZ, or any of the other lakes in mid to southern Missouri. I know there used to be one on Pom. Is it still there?

Thanks
Most targets are missed by six inches,
the six inches between your ears.

Ron.Leu
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Need Help

Post by Ron.Leu » February 18th, 2005, 4:57 pm

Not real sure how far you are from Stockton lake,but the Mutton creek marina has a heated indoor fishing spot.It cost like $3.00 to fish in it,but they have placed brush in it,and you can catch crappies there.If you need more info,just let me know.Their tel # is 417-995-3355.
Ron.

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » February 18th, 2005, 6:42 pm

ICS you might E-mail Glen at simmsmarine.com. He's familiar with the Gravois part of the lake and I'm sure he would help you out.
I hope your friends treatments are effective. I was diagnosed in 2001 and had surgery. I know its tough, but there are cures and there's always hope.
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

powerdive
2018 Member of the Year

Post by powerdive » February 18th, 2005, 8:12 pm

ICS, everyone should have friends like you. Hope your bud gets through this! Please let us know if you could use any help while you're down here--and catch some fish!

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » February 18th, 2005, 9:03 pm

ICS...you might sent a PM to Bruce Carpenter. He spends a lot of time fishing LOZ and would probably know of any heated fishing docks up there. He could probably give you some good hints on how to catch a nice double limit.....Hope your friend comes through this with flying colors. Just wanting to get out and try to fish is a good indication that he's a fighter. Good luck to him,
CW
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue