Color TV up and running!

Rods, Reels, lures, line, etc.
ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Color TV up and running!

Post by ackermannsacre » March 13th, 2005, 8:27 am

Installing the new color sonar unit turned into an all day job on the Tracker, there is no access to anything electrical on that boat! Of course the old tranducer cable was wire tyed in with the wiring harness so I couldn't just pull it out with a string on the end and pull the new one in. Had to disassemble about half the boat, I'll say one thing for Tracker, they use a lot of screws in their boats! As far as the power cable, you have to go under the console, make a right turn back under the gunnel, again no access panel, you can only get one hand back there and then you can't see...sheeesh.

But, when I was done I was able to pick up "All My Children" in color in the simulator mode!

Now I know why Lowrance products are so expensive, the power cable has a total of TEN wires, of which you only use two, unless you have the NEMA network installed on your boat, so now I have a whole bunch more wires under there that go nowhere.

Mounted it on a RAM mount and it sits up nice and high right in front of me and the picture looks great, even in bright sunlight. Image
The BiteMe Tracker
http://www.mo-walleye.org

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Color TV up and running!

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 4:46 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear