Hunt tests

Train yo dawg
bullitt
2018 Member of the Year

Hunt tests

Post by bullitt » March 26th, 2005, 9:19 pm

I am thinking about running my young lab in a hunt test. From the previous posts, it sounds like some of you have experience on that front. Could somebody describe what goes on? She would be seeking her first pass on a junior cert.
Rehab is for quitters.

Gutpile
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Hunt tests

Post by Gutpile » May 18th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Did that thing for a while and worked a hunt test one time. Basically, you gotta get the form ahead of time and fill it out (called premium as I recall) with the fee.

Show up early that day and find out where the class your looking for is running. In hunt test I think it may be called the "started" test. There they will determined running order. Usually they take in account folks who have more than one dog running that day and its usually pretty cordial an easy going. They will have test dog, this dog and his or her handler will run the through the test so you can see where things are like the wingers, bird tossers, etc.

You will meet the judges and then wait for your turn. You can watch the other folks run. Also, if you have a female make sure she is not in heat or she is not allowed around the test area, make sure they are up to speed on all shots.

You are not allowed to train the dog on the grounds, you can read up on the HRC website on the rules what not of level that your are looking to run.
Confuscius say...He who runs to airport turnstyle going to Bankok