I'm thinking

Places to camp in Missouri. Campsite Reviews
BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

I'm thinking

Post by BornBad » May 11th, 2005, 12:40 pm

about camping on Memorial day weekend. Norfolk or Pomme, I am still pondering. And such.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Re: I'm thinking

Post by Outdoorsfool » May 11th, 2005, 4:10 pm

If you're planning on doing that at a state park, all I got to say is good fornicating luck. That stupid donkey new reservation system pretty much means if you don't plan 6 months to 2 1/2 years in advance you wont' go camping. I have been less than impressed with the system so far.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » May 11th, 2005, 4:12 pm

ODF,

That really doesn't mean much, since I get the impression that you're less than impressed that God created the heavens & the earth in 6 days.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » May 11th, 2005, 4:20 pm

On the contrary Rafe, that was quite an accomplishment. Too bad he didn't ask for a little advice before coming up with the existing female form though. I've got a couple of improvements in mind. Image

Have you had any dealings with the new reservation system?
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » May 11th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Yes, it sux. It's just another way for the man to get money in advance and then Image you out of a chunk of it if your plans change (even if they are changed 2 weeks in advance). I still feel like DNR bent me over on that one. And such.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Outdoorsfool » May 11th, 2005, 5:23 pm

Yep, then throw in the fact that our state is outsourcing the reservation system and sending funds to a company in another state.

I think the system is crap....gone are the days of a spur of the moment camping trip and being able to change plans or be flexible. Not everyone can plan 2 years in advance to camping on a particular weekend.

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » May 11th, 2005, 6:03 pm

I am glad there are gravel bars and MTNF/MDC shorelines. As far as I know, those are open. And such.

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » May 11th, 2005, 11:02 pm

Hey dummies, the DNR doesn't want you camping in their parks, they want the out of staters, cause they spend more money, and that means the DNR can build more forking cabins.
25 years ago Bennett was a great park, now it looks like a time share!
Oh you'll probably never guess, but I'm not a fan of the MDNR. Image
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 5:03 pm