New coyote toy

Information about hunting predators in Missouri
coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

New coyote toy

Post by coyotewhacker » June 21st, 2005, 2:53 pm

I just got a new coyoting toy this morning. Traded of an ugly little .25 Colt auto pistol that was gathering dust at my house, but apparently had a certain charm to people who collect such things. I ended up with a brand new Savage 110 chambered in .223 Remington, which will now displace the NEF single shot in the same caliber. The Savage will never win any beauty contests with that ugly barrel lug nut, but they shoot way better than the price tag would indicate, plus this one has the new "Accu-Trigger" that can be adjusted down to 2-1/2 to 6 lbs pull.....pretty slick rig with synthetic pillar bedded stock and some kind of Tasco scope on top. Haven't shot it yet, but son in law has a few boxes of .223 tactical ammo with 62 grain bullets loaded up by Black Hills...that will tell me real quick how it's going to shoot. I don't usually call coyotes during the summer because of pups in the den, but this year could be an exception......
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

Swampbird
2018 Member of the Year

Re: New coyote toy

Post by Swampbird » June 28th, 2005, 11:21 am

Nice trade! At least you got something you can use more than a .25cal pistol. Too small for serious protection....
...I'd like to go to heaven, but I've gotten use to hanging with this crowd...

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » June 29th, 2005, 6:06 pm

With the 24X scope on top, that white throat would make a great target at 400 yards! Toys is toys!
Jake & Elwood Blue

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » June 29th, 2005, 6:15 pm

Swampbird....with a .357 wheelgun and a P226 SIG in .40 S&W, the pocket pistol was definitely not something to reach for. It was in a drawer, and in fact, I did not even have any ammo for it. The miniscule .25 Colt round is a bit less powerful than a .22 short......
Jake & Elwood Blue

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » June 29th, 2005, 6:54 pm

I think guys buy 25 auto's for their wives just to give them the feeling of security. The side benefit is when they get caught cheating, they will survive the confrontation. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

hunting170
2018 Member of the Year

Post by hunting170 » June 30th, 2005, 2:08 am

Gun dealers in this area sell .25s with a file kit so you can file off the sights. The reason being that after you empty a clip into an intruder, it won`t hurt so bad when he takes that little .25 from you, and shoves it up your azz.
One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag, or bitch.
But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » June 30th, 2005, 2:29 pm

When I was in college I witnessed a shooting in Baton Rouge, La. The shooter emptied a .25 auto into the victim who was standing across a car hood from him. All six or seven rounds hit the guy square in the chest. He was out of the hospital in a couple of days, and the assailant was charged with disturbing the peace....you're right....they are less than useless for protection. However, the pistol I had was a Colt, and that makes it a whole different ball game as far as collectibility goes....most of the bluing was still on the gun, the pony on the grips was still sharp and defined, and everything matched. Voila! Good trade for a nice little coyote rifle.
Jake & Elwood Blue