Decoy toy

Information about hunting predators in Missouri
coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Decoy toy

Post by coyotewhacker » July 25th, 2005, 10:30 pm

Got a good deal on a predator decoy on Ebay. It's coming straight from the factory, and I have wanted one for a couple of years. This is the battery operated "feather bundle on a fiberglass stick" decoy that jumps around, whirls, flutters, and generally does all sorts of things to distract an incoming predator away from seeing me...the guy looking through the cross hairs. I have hunted over a Rigor Rabbit before, but that was less than satisfactory in the amount of movement. Hopefully this will be what I have been looking for. Will report back to you guys when it arrives and the weather cools down enough to actually go calling. Image
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

GoGop
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Decoy toy

Post by GoGop » July 26th, 2005, 1:54 am

I'll be watching for that report. Coyote blastin' is great!! Image Image
.. he likes to shoot a man in the throat just to see his head wobble before he hits the ground

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » July 26th, 2005, 5:11 pm

Thanks, Kurt.....how is that new house working out? BTW, I won an Ebay auction that will let me convert a Lee Pro 1000 press over to reload .223 Remington by the boatload. Been using it exclusively for .40 S&W, but with the cool weather not far ahead, I need to stock up on varmint ammo. I already had a couple of bushels of cases that the Security Police "donated" when I left the Air Force several years ago, but my son in law gets Black Hills remanufactured ammo off the police range, and it has the military primer crimp already removed. Lots easier to work with.
I'll let you guys know how this ball of feathers decoy works out. It's about half the price of the Rigor Rabbit decoy, but should have a lot more action. I'm getting too old to squeeze down between tree limbs in a ground blind, so anything to provide a distraction is a big plus.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

GoGop
2018 Member of the Year

Post by GoGop » July 26th, 2005, 7:45 pm

The house is working out great!!!! We've still got a lot of things we want to gradually do to it in the next several years, but that's part of the allure of owning it. It's nice being able to just make a decision without having to ask someone first. Image Image
.. he likes to shoot a man in the throat just to see his head wobble before he hits the ground

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » July 27th, 2005, 11:22 am

Great news Gogop. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.