As the World Turns

Information about walleye fishing in Missouri
DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Re: As the World Turns

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 4th, 2005, 10:54 pm

Juls said:
It's my opinion that Jim Dog has made a bad decision here...real bad.

CW left. It was his choice. Jim did nothing wrong.

Bottom line. Image
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day.'

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » August 4th, 2005, 11:27 pm

Unfortunatly, evryone doesn't know the whole story, the one that goes back years and through several different sites, not even CW. There is a common denominator, and it ain't DSG. Image
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

2BHNTN
2018 Member of the Year

Post by 2BHNTN » August 5th, 2005, 9:01 am

This had nothing to do with any decision that JD made. I will only add the OM site was held over a barrel.... or else. Then CW disappeared. I hope this all blow's over and you folks can carry on. You all as individual contributors made this a very good walleye forum, understand it was not ONE guy that made it what it is. At last count, this is the 4th forum CW has done this on. I would think someone ought to check for a tail. Whatever forum CW goes to next..... beware.
"I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holiday

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » August 5th, 2005, 10:13 am

2B...just for the record: you were the only person I mentioned the other website to. Jim was not aware of it that I know of, and he made it abundantly clear of what my options were, so he and I had no problem at all. We still don't. As for this site and this forum, I wish you all well. Nobody has been asked to bail out of here, at least not by me. What individual people choose to do is totally up to them. For those who choose to stay with this forum, I hope you have continued success. For those who are not comfortable with the new ways, there are other options available. The tragedy of this whole mess goes directly to the heart of what I said in that Private Message of mine that you chose to post. What's done is done, and there is no way to take any of it back. I have no lingering heartburn over this. Just for the sake of journalistic accuracy, this is only the second forum that I have left. Both times it was over ethical issues. Whatever problems exist between me and any other person on this forum are not going to go away, but they now have free run of the place and I won't be standing in the way. I did my job as I felt it should be done. If we could all transport back a week, I would do exactly the same thing with no apologies to anyone.
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

counts
2018 Member of the Year

Post by counts » August 5th, 2005, 2:19 pm

As an impartial viewer of these goings on. I will say that any grudge held against anyone for that long speaks more to your character than it does of theirs. Seems excessive.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » August 5th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Geez, grow up boys.

DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 5th, 2005, 5:07 pm

Counts....you are a very wise man.

rainbow......that's what I been preaching from day one of this escapade.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » August 5th, 2005, 5:34 pm

Nice post David, thanks DSG. C'mon guys get back to the bidness of walleye catching. TCB

Steve Fellegy
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Steve Fellegy » August 6th, 2005, 9:28 am

I echo Juls thoughs on CW and this whole situation....

After reading the posts from DSG and seeing his choice of words..... not fit for print...that shows his character is far below the quality of CW.

This site has taken a major step backward by NOT respecting CW's actions/judgement. I trust CW's judgement...even without knowing the facts. Cw fit this "family" type site to the T. One who has to desguise his choice of words to keep them in print is not my kinda guy. CW is....
Cw...keep in touch!

Steve Fellegy

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » August 6th, 2005, 11:18 am

Steve...coming from one of the best in the business, your words are appreciated. Way too much involved to go into here. I will send you an email. I think your addy is still in my book. Congrats on that fine finish........ya done me proud. You may not be able to teach an old dog new tricks, probably because the old dogs know them already, eh?
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » August 6th, 2005, 6:44 pm

PD - thanks for the vote of confidence, but as long as the message board owners/administrators continue to allow the known troublemakers to have their way with the forumns, I don't see the point in having moderators or even sticking around for that matter.
The BiteMe Tracker
http://www.mo-walleye.org

DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 6th, 2005, 7:05 pm

I agree with ackermannsacre........as long as the people who started the trouble are allowed to stay around I don't see much point in posting here either.

Good point AA! I'll probably stay on anyway and just overlook the troublemakers.

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » August 6th, 2005, 7:22 pm

DSG - for a troublemaker, you can be a little funny at times.
The BiteMe Tracker

DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 6th, 2005, 10:24 pm

Thank you AA, it's not really a gift of mine but I work at it.

As far as the troublemaker tag, I forgive you for misundstanding what truely happpened here. As far as me, if anything, I just prefer to look at myself as a catalyst for change. Image

ackermannsacre
2018 Member of the Year

Post by ackermannsacre » August 7th, 2005, 7:49 am

I don't think I have misunderstood anything. I have been around the various message boards for a number of years and have seen first hand what your "catalyst for change" does to them.
The BiteMe Tracker