Hey DSG

Information about walleye fishing in Missouri
powerdive
2018 Member of the Year

Hey DSG

Post by powerdive » August 4th, 2005, 4:48 pm

How have you been catching your walleyes at Stockton?

DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Hey DSG

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 4th, 2005, 5:17 pm

Truth be told, I havne't been catching any lately. I pretty much quit fishing for them except for a try here and there about the middle of May.

Ever body that wants to go with me this time of year wants to try to catch a brown bass so that's what we usually do.

Back on topic, back in the early Spring I caught 90% of my fish on a weighted shad rap. It may not be the best bait for them but I've got incredible confidence in it so that's what I throw almost all the time.

After that I kinda got onto a bite throwing an orange road runner. I mounted up a couple of rod holders on the front of my boat and while I was casting I'd drop a jig with a crawler about 10-12 feet deep under the boat and caught quite a number that way.

Like I said, I haven't done much on these summer pattern fish.

I'm at you guys mercy on this walleye thing. I'm just learing......and have a long way to go.
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day.'

powerdive
2018 Member of the Year

Post by powerdive » August 4th, 2005, 5:44 pm

Good answer. Lotta confidence in Shad Raps in the walleye world. Have you been doctoring them for more depth?

Summer is traditionally a livebait bite for us, although the tourney guys have been doing well with trolling cranks behind boards the last couple seasons...

lunders
2018 Member of the Year

Post by lunders » August 4th, 2005, 5:45 pm

DSG,sounds like you know stockton very well,when they talk about the pond past mutton creek marina,how far past the power lines is the pond?I've been down to where the trees begin,is it before them? Thanks for any help you can give me Image Image Image..

DShootnstGentemn
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DShootnstGentemn » August 4th, 2005, 5:51 pm

PD, I throw just a plain old black back silver side Shad Rap, nothing fancy. But I do have a couple of suspend dots on the front of the body just behind the bill. It's also got solder wrapped around both treble so it just about suspends in 50 degree or so water. You can thow it a mile with all that weight on it too.

lunder.....I could only guess what they are talking about and how far, I know of a spot up there but not sure it's the same one you are refering to. I'm a main lake/lower lake fisherman for the most part.
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day.'