Grayfox Down...Sept.06

Information about hunting predators in Missouri
Swampbird
2018 Member of the Year

Grayfox Down...Sept.06

Post by Swampbird » September 6th, 2005, 1:25 pm

After setting up at 3 different locations and having 1 setup ruined by dogs chasing deer and another by club members planting Chufa, I went to a cut-over that has grown up pretty thick and set-up within 20yds of the road. Anything responding would most likely use the easier approach and run the trail through the cut-over.
Set-up
Blew a series of Cottontail Distress on Tweety and waited for things to unravel. Time passed and I blew another series and 'quivered' the call to get more feeling into the distress sounds.
About 2mins. and a gray came out of the thick-stuff about 3/4 to the curve, turned toward the set-up and closed. He came to about 20yds and stopped facing the set-up. The Ruger spat a 40gr. JHP and at the "Ka-pow/Whop", the fox went down.
I went back on Tweety to see if another would commit, but nothing showed. Young female with a nice summer coat.
Female Gray
...I'd like to go to heaven, but I've gotten use to hanging with this crowd...

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Re: Grayfox Down...Sept.06

Post by Warmouth » September 6th, 2005, 1:30 pm

You are the Man!

I'm thinking of preditor hunting while I scout for deer around Clinton this fall. Great pic.s again. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » September 6th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Image Image Image
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » September 6th, 2005, 3:01 pm

Proof reading would have saved you from this embarassment MOC. I clearly said the "Man", not "THE MAN". Image

Someone with your reading skills should not be fooled so easily. Image
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.